Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Debrief by Baghdad Bob

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Close Combat: The Bloody First - Tech Support Forum >> Debrief by Baghdad Bob Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Debrief by Baghdad Bob - 1/6/2020 6:59:23 PM   
ineffable

Im getting odd Battle completes and Debriefs. After accepting a truce, the top line was "Axis Decisive Victory", the text said I was "handed a major defeat". Map control indicated I had somehow gained the neutral major objective (3 point) one zone to the rear. The only other objective was minor and still neutral. This scenario should have concluded in a Stalemate, 0-0 on objective points.

Next play of same scenario I ignored the quick enemy truce offer but, soon after, the battle ended abruptly with Debrief saying "Axis Decisive Victory" as well as "handed a major defeat" because enemy captured all objectives even though the enemy never got near those objectives.

Also, the post-battle map control 'trail' of friendly zones going back to the friendly map edge looks to be a game convention unrelated to unit movement. Could this be addressed? Hard to do a "Lost Patrol" type operation if the game automatically awards control zones to the rear.

Scenario file attached. Too untraditional for TBF?

Attachment (1)

Quid si
Post #: 1
RE: Debrief by Baghdad Bob - 1/6/2020 8:33:09 PM   
Steve McClaire

I will look. The victory determination is more complex in TBF than straight VL control. You also get points for ground you gain/lose and losses/kills.

The flavor text (you held your ground well, you took heavy losses, etc) is feedback from your virtual commander based on their expectations.

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 2
RE: Debrief by Baghdad Bob - 1/6/2020 10:52:58 PM   
ineffable

Wont miss classic CC's 2D victory conditions (its all about the VL) in the least. Will need some dev guidance on the interplay of these new victory conditions to make really good scenarios. Be super cool if these can be specified in a scenario script eg. turn off objectives or make them only AI movement markers.

Quid si

(in reply to Steve McClaire)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Close Combat: The Bloody First - Tech Support Forum >> Debrief by Baghdad Bob Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI