Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New political combination

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> New political combination Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New political combination - 1/5/2020 8:20:04 AM   
Asberdies

In the original boardgame game you could also create the Kingdom of Italy and Westaphalie. Why cant you create those 2 in the computer version?
Post #: 1
RE: New political combination - 3/29/2020 4:35:20 PM   
Daniel Amieiro

Not in the computer game.
I have modded years ago the database and make a mod that allows kingdom of Italy, denmark, sweden and two sicilies.
And makes it like the classic game
But i fail to make westphalia, because computer code doesn't allow after to make a proper C. Of Rhine.

< Message edited by Daniel Amieiro -- 3/29/2020 4:49:33 PM >

(in reply to Asberdies)
Post #: 2
RE: New political combination - 7/21/2020 4:46:22 PM   
pzgndr

Something I'm working on this week is an issue with the Conf of the Rhine. COR units in a pbem game are not counting towards combat. When I checked the setup in the 1812 scenario, I noted that although I set COR provinces in the editor they did not get implemented at game start.

So after digging into the create_kingdom function used in the game, I was able to make a customized version of the function that runs at game start to create COR for France. After a couple of trys and troubleshooting, it works like a charm now. However, the kingdom units of COR and Poland are still not working right and I need to figure that out. I suspect the normal attributes for minor country units and major power control are messed up and I need something special for kingdom units.

Anyways, as I was digging, there is also a function for adding provinces to a kingdom. Based on my insights with create_kingdom, I think I can troubleshoot and fix this other function to allow players to add a new eligible province to an already created kingdom. We'll see, but hopefully I can make at least this one improvement and knock out a very old reported bug that players have complained about for years.

At some future point, I may dig deeper into Daniel Amieiro's mod and see what I can do.

Bill
Empires in Arms Development Team

(in reply to Daniel Amieiro)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> New political combination Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI