Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Improvement priorities?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> WarPlan Open Beta Versions >> Improvement priorities? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Improvement priorities? - 1/5/2020 5:34:34 AM   
PanzerMike

Alvaro, you said that when the number of bugs reported is low, you will return to do (minor) game features.

You must have a long list of improvement suggestions by now. Are they prioritized in any way?

For instance, I think a solution for unlimited supply for cut off cities needs an elegant solution (basic supply and no reinforcement). I think that is an important improvement, but maybe you have other things far more important that you feel need attention first.

Care to share some insight on this?
Post #: 1
RE: Improvement priorities? - 1/5/2020 9:47:35 PM   
Alvaro Sousa

That is not about the idea. It is about CPU power and the path finding methods required to check this every turn. Path finding methods increases in CPU use exponentially. So say if Leningrad and Baku are the only sources of supply for the Russians It will be an incredibly large pathfinding check. The idea was that one supply source needs to connect to another for it to be in supply.

And I would have to do this check each turn for each country. It is also a complex check.

Games worked on

Designer of the Strategic Command 2 products
- Brute Force (mod)
- Assault on Communism
- Assault on Democracy

Designer of the Strategic Command 3 products
- Map Image Importer

(in reply to PanzerMike)
Post #: 2
RE: Improvement priorities? - 1/6/2020 7:25:12 AM   
PanzerMike

I just read this thread:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4708851&mpage=2&key=basic%2Csupply

Good suggestions in there to keep things simple for some sort of compromise solution without overloading the cpu with complex calaculations.

Something relativly simple along the lines of this:
Check every supply source city for the presence of an enemy unit in one of the six surrounding hexes. If so, reduce the supply provided with 5 point for example (so instead of a 9 point supply source, it becomes a 4 point supply source). This would simulate the artillery bombardments on the city that would cause less supply production/throughput, sort of like port supply can be interdicted. This reduction can be applied anytime, regardless wether the city is actually cut off from other city supply sources; a frontline city is a compromised supply source. An on map indicator would be a nice of course so players can see the city supply is compromised. It is easier this way to grind away at units with reduced supply because of their reduced effectiveness regain.

Just thinking out loud. Anything is better than nothing I suppose.

< Message edited by PanzerMike -- 1/6/2020 10:26:59 AM >

(in reply to Alvaro Sousa)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> WarPlan Open Beta Versions >> Improvement priorities? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI