Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Excel version of Kull's spreadsheets on planes, & Japan's 2nd move

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Excel version of Kull's spreadsheets on planes, & Japan's 2nd move Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Excel version of Kull's spreadsheets on planes, & Japan... - 1/3/2020 2:44:35 AM   
garywjamison

Dear Kull:

I have looked at two of your Excel spreadsheets on WITPAE. Both the spreadsheet on airframes and engines, as well as your spreadsheet on Japan’s Dec 8, 1941 move look very valuable and are amazing to consider given the amount of work involved!!!

I am a retired history teacher with a potential problem. I have the 2003 version of Excel (part of the 2003 Microsoft Office suite). Do any of your three Excel spreadsheets, with Excel scripts [AE - airframes and engines], [AE - Japan’s Dec 8, 1941 move], or [AE – Allied Dec 8, 1941] run properly on the 2003 version of Microsoft Excel?

If none of your three Excel spreadsheets, with Excel scripts, will run on Microsoft Excel – version 2003, what is the oldest version of Microsoft Excel that will run your three spreadsheets? I might have access to a later version of Excel, but certainly NOT version 2019 or 2020. I will have to think seriously whether WITPAE is worth a $100.00 or $200.00 upgrade.

Thank you,

Gary Jamison
Post #: 1
RE: Excel version of Kull's spreadsheets on planes, & J... - 1/3/2020 4:02:37 AM   
BillBrown

The Allied setup loads in Excel 2007.

You might try libreoffice. It is free and should work fine.

Get it here https://www.libreoffice.org/

< Message edited by BillBrown -- 1/3/2020 4:07:07 AM >

(in reply to garywjamison)
Post #: 2
RE: Excel version of Kull's spreadsheets on planes, & J... - 1/3/2020 4:35:51 AM   
Kull

There is also something called the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack which lets you open Office 2007 files with Office 2003.

I haven't tested that myself, but it sounds like it should do the trick.

Edit: As for scripts, the Engine Planner is the only one that uses macros (and even that is only for changing cell colors, which, though useful, can be omitted if necessary). Otherwise, they are just normal 2007 workbooks.

< Message edited by Kull -- 1/3/2020 4:39:02 AM >

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 3
RE: Excel version of Kull's spreadsheets on planes, & J... - 1/4/2020 2:01:26 AM   
NigelKentarus

I use Libreoffice. It does everything MS Office suite does. And it takes up a lot less room.

Fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the plank to Noah's ark. And brother, it's starting to rain.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Excel version of Kull's spreadsheets on planes, & Japan's 2nd move Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI