Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Manchuria pop-up

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Manchuria pop-up Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Manchuria pop-up - 1/2/2020 2:56:20 AM   
pjg100

Score: 0
In a PBEM game in which I am the Axis, at around the beginning of 1941 I started getting a pop-up every turn reminding me to garrison Manchuria. I have double checked and confirmed that I have a unit within one hex of each of the six garrison positions. I have also noticed the USSR's mobilization level creeping upward beginning in 1/1941. I believe this is normal, and not some misfiring of the garrison penalty, but I could not find a script for pushing the USSR's mobilization level up by 1-2%/turn beginning in 1/1941, and the fact that the garrison pop-up keeps firing has me nervous. Please confirm that that this is WAD, thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Manchuria pop-up - 1/2/2020 4:52:51 PM   
BillRunacre

Score: 2
Hi

I've double checked the scripts and the locations in it do all match the six locations, so I can only think that one of these doesn't have an Axis unit within 1 hex of it:

Manchouli, Tsitsihar, Kiamusze, Yenki, Harbin and Hsinking

Otherwise I don't know how such a message could be appearing.

The effect would be to move the USSR 1-3% towards Allies every turn.

Please confirm, and you can always post/send me screenshots if necessary.

Thanks

Bill

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to pjg100)
Post #: 2
RE: Manchuria pop-up - 1/2/2020 5:48:02 PM   
pjg100

Two of the units guarding these locations are Nanjing units. Since Nanjing is a JA minor I assumed that they would suffice to avoid triggering the USSR mobilization. Could that be the issue?

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
RE: Manchuria pop-up - 1/2/2020 5:52:12 PM   
pjg100

In taking a look at the script, it appears that that is the problem - only JA units avoid the mobilization increase. Would probably be good to change the script to allow the use of Nanjing units for this purpose as well.

(in reply to pjg100)
Post #: 4
RE: Manchuria pop-up - 1/2/2020 10:21:07 PM   
Helsingor

Hi pjg,

Am I right in thinking that, to avoid the Soviet Mobilization increase, the Axis player has to station units in the exact city hexes (i.e. NOT adjacent to them, which will suffice to suppress Partisan activity). Are any of your units adjacent to Manchurian cities rather than in the actual city hex?

(in reply to pjg100)
Post #: 5
RE: Manchuria pop-up - 1/3/2020 12:59:47 AM   
pjg100

Some are adjacent. Per the script they must be within one hex of the specified hex, so that should not pose a problem. In addition, I have repeatedly played solo hotseat placing the units adjacent rather than directly on the target hexes without triggering the mobilization penalty. However, after reviewing the script again I think my prior conclusion was incorrect - it appears that any Axis unit should be sufficient to satisfy the position condition. So the only logical explanation is that I missed one of the target hexes. Seems unlikely as I checked this a couple of turns ago, but I will check again next turn.

(in reply to Helsingor)
Post #: 6
RE: Manchuria pop-up - 1/3/2020 2:45:04 PM   
BillRunacre

Score: 2
You're right, any Axis unit within 1 hex of the specified locations will prevent the mobilization.

Hopefully all will become clearer when you play your next turn.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to pjg100)
Post #: 7
RE: Manchuria pop-up - 1/4/2020 3:21:36 AM   
pjg100

So I'm looking at the tame right now. I have JA or Nanjing units on, or adjacent to, each of Manchouli, Tsitsihar, Kiamusze, Harbin, Yenki, and Hsinking. According to the manual, as well as past experience, that should be sufficient to avoid the USSR mobilization penalty. Yet, I am getting hit with it every turn. It seems to correlate with when I replaced JA corps in some of those locations with Nanjing garrisons. It seems that the script should permit me to use Nanjing garrisons, but I seem to be getting hit with the penalty anyway.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Manchuria pop-up Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI