Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 1939 Scenario and Loss of England

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Room >> RE: 1939 Scenario and Loss of England Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 1939 Scenario and Loss of England - 1/13/2020 10:11:02 PM   
kennonlightfoot

There is nothing in the release notes for 5 but it looks like they changed things in 39 Scenario that will make Sealion very difficult.

They don't seem to have that many more points but they are distributed into smaller units and it looks like UK may start with more production available for new unit creations. Running the game against AI with minimal action by UK give the following unit distribution:
In England (less Scapa Flow unit) By March 1st turn:
British Div 9 Small Corps 3 Large Corps 4 HWs 2 (this group is 30 points under strength).
Canada Adds: Div 1 Small Corps 1

In addition, Production has 3 Br Div and 2 Canada Div that will be available in Mar and Apr.

That gives the British 20 Units in England with 5 more coming. This gives the UK enough units to garrison every port and still have six units to block invasion hexes. Along with fleets that might be enough to shut down any attempt to capture a port on the first invasion turn.

This could make Sealion sufficiently risky that the odds are high enough that the invasion might totally fail to stop its use. Except maybe as a "Hail Mary" every once in while to keep the British on their toes.

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 31
RE: 1939 Scenario and Loss of England - 4/19/2020 9:35:25 PM   
PDiFolco

In my '39 game (latest beta) in Sept 40 I see UK having like 800 land strength... hard to invade , and it seems a bit high, Germany don't has many more ...

PDF

(in reply to kennonlightfoot)
Post #: 32
RE: 1939 Scenario and Loss of England - 4/19/2020 10:23:37 PM   
sveint

Britain can easily stop Sealion if they build and deploy for it.

Problem is most Allied players build and research things like strategic bombers instead.

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Room >> RE: 1939 Scenario and Loss of England Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI