Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The Mystery of Dyatlov Pass

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: The Mystery of Dyatlov Pass Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Mystery of Dyatlov Pass - 1/6/2020 10:59:54 AM   
sullafelix

Why they camped where they did has always puzzled me. If it was me I would have camped at the treeline to lessen the winds. Why they camped on a small hillock completely exposed to everything never made any sense. They were experienced campers, sometimes that is forgotten.

Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 31
RE: The Mystery of Dyatlov Pass - 1/6/2020 5:27:18 PM   
sPzAbt653

I agree. The explanations I have seen are that they didn't want to backtrack and lose ground already gained, and they also knew that it was possible to spend the night in the area they choose, even if it wasn't an optimal location. If this video is to be believed, these reasons don't seem irrational.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY7oDKLJ4JE

I will also mention again that there is reason to believe that they were staying away from the woods on that last day. Even that night when things went wrong, they all retreated to the other side of the pass, away from where they had come from and where they had left supplies. Some of the last photos they took were of the woods they had just passed thru. These were out of character with all the other photos which were of the people or camps. I find these last photos to be creepy, as if they are saying 'what is back there, is something following us?'.

Here is an example. Their tracks can be seen on the left, so at this point in the trip they are looking back and taking pictures, whereas earlier they hadn't done this.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by sPzAbt653 -- 1/6/2020 5:34:46 PM >

(in reply to sullafelix)
Post #: 32
RE: The Mystery of Dyatlov Pass - 1/7/2020 5:13:12 PM   
Zorch

Interesting, but inconclusive.

Have we extracted everything from Dyatlov Pass? Are we ready to move on?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 33
RE: The Mystery of Dyatlov Pass - 1/9/2020 4:53:07 AM   
sPzAbt653

Ok, it seems the only weapons they had were knives, all of which were found in the tent. A lot more to discuss but I got sidetracked by wondering how often whole groups of people die in something other than a fatal event, like an explosion or train crash, etc. Two very similar to the Dyatlov Incident:
Chivruay Pass incident in 1973
Mt Tritrans incident in 1993

Mt Tritrans, in Russia near Mongolia:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 34
RE: The Mystery of Dyatlov Pass - 1/11/2020 10:52:35 PM   
sullafelix

I think the Mary Celeste is relatively easy to explain. I have seen pirates along with the crew itself or the ship that found her lying and they were pirates. I think in this case you follow the money. They never had any barrels that were leaking alcohol which is one of the favorite theories. As I said, to me follow the prize money.

Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 35
RE: The Mystery of Dyatlov Pass - 1/11/2020 11:04:41 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

Ok, it seems the only weapons they had were knives, all of which were found in the tent. A lot more to discuss but I got sidetracked by wondering how often whole groups of people die in something other than a fatal event, like an explosion or train crash, etc. Two very similar to the Dyatlov Incident:
Chivruay Pass incident in 1973
Mt Tritrans incident in 1993

Mt Tritrans, in Russia near Mongolia:

Thanks for making me aware of these 2 incidents.
People do sometimes act irrationally under extreme conditions, even experienced ones.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: The Mystery of Dyatlov Pass Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI