Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Resolved] Missing OSA, Komar & Russian frigate pics

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Resolved] Missing OSA, Komar & Russian frigate pics Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Resolved] Missing OSA, Komar & Russian frigate pics - 12/31/2019 9:20:35 PM   
Tom Konczal

I am playing Command Modern Operations Shifting Sands the Hunters which is the battle of Latakia and when an enemy Komar comes up and I press on it I don’t see a picture of it. Nor do I see a picture of the Osa. Is there some database I’m supposed to download? I downloaded the one from warfaresims but it didn’t help. I purchased CMO from Matrix.
Thanks
Tom Konczal

< Message edited by apache85 -- 1/3/2020 11:32:45 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Missing OSA, Komar & Russian frigate pics - 1/1/2020 3:05:21 AM   
michaelm75au

Check http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876 section Database Images & Descriptions Add-ons

Michael

(in reply to Tom Konczal)
Post #: 2
RE: Missing OSA, Komar & Russian frigate pics - 1/1/2020 3:19:56 AM   
Tom Konczal

Thanks Mike. That was already suggested to me and I did it but found out that it didn’t change anything. My new purchase of command modern operations had the latest databases in it. Even when I play the shifting sands scenario where you are Egyptian and the Kolmar are attacking, I cannot see them. Apparently they aren’t in the database that came with the new command modern operations download.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 3
RE: Missing OSA, Komar & Russian frigate pics - 1/1/2020 10:58:05 AM   
Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Konczal

Thanks Mike. That was already suggested to me and I did it but found out that it didn’t change anything. My new purchase of command modern operations had the latest databases in it. Even when I play the shifting sands scenario where you are Egyptian and the Kolmar are attacking, I cannot see them. Apparently they aren’t in the database that came with the new command modern operations download.

Lot of pictures are copyrighted and thus cannot be used for commercial purposes. That is why they are mostly included in downloadable image packs.

You should make request for missing pictures and descriptions here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3441939

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Post #: 4
RE: Missing OSA, Komar & Russian frigate pics - 1/1/2020 1:22:47 PM   
CV60

quote:

Tom-Myself and Kgambit are the team that updates the image and description database. This is a community project, not one that is associated with Warfare Sims, Matrix or any other commercial entity. FYI, not all database entries have images (at least yet). There are many reasons for this:1) the database is constantly changing, as new equipment is added; 2) we introduce photos on the principle that they are historically accurate photos. So, for instance, a photo for the database of an Egyptian Osa I from 1975 will be an Egyptian Osa I from 1975. Not a Libyan Osa I one from 1987. While this is not always possible, this is our goal 3) we try to avoid photos that have copyright on them, and we try to use good quality photos. Currently, there are 3.53 GB of photos, and a total of 23,927 images in the database. We update the database approximately 4 times a year, usually in January/April/June/September. In fact, I'm currently getting the January update ready for posting.

FYI, you can put your own images in the game, if the absence of images is of a concern. For example, If the absence of the Egyptian Komar class in the CWDB database is a concern, you can make a copy of the USSR Komar (ship_229 in the CWDB database) and make a copy of it. Rename the copy "Ship_236" (which is the Egyptian CWDB Komar-class PTG) and place the copy in the "Images/CWDB" folder. It will now become the Egyptian Komar image.

As a New Year's treat, I'm including the write up for the Egyptian DB3000 Osa I (Ship_1099) that will be included in this most recent update. You can see from the detail and references I cite that this project takes a bit of time, and generally goes beyond the typical "Wikipedia" citation. If anyone is interested in participating in either writing description files or helping us find appropriate images, please PM me, and I'll get you started.

OVERVIEW: The Osa I-class PCFG (Pr. 205 Moskit) is a three shaft, diesel-powered missile armed fast attack craft.

DETAILS: The Osa class was designed to remedy the earlier Komar class' shortcomings in range, sea keeping and armament.

In Soviet doctrine, missile craft such as the Osa would be used in sweep, raids, free hunt/roving patrols against merchants and ambush operations against combatants, especially in maritime choke points. Missile boats were intended to operate in Soviet coastal waters or nearby enemy controlled waters. Tactically, they usually operated in pairs and tried to approach maritime targets from within 15 degrees on either side of the target's bow to rapidly close the target, before slowing to approximately 15 knots to fire its missiles. Typically, missiles would be fired in salvos of two missiles. Within a minute, a second salvo of two missiles may be fired.

Specifications:

Displacement: 171.5 tons standard; 209 tons full load
Speed: 38.5 knts (up to 42 with M-504B diesel engines)
Range: 1800 nm @14 knts; 800 nm @ 30 knts
Complement: 28

NOTES: IOC 1966. Soviet class type designation: Large Missile Cutter. Thirteen delivered from USSR to Egypt between 1966-68. Seven were in Egyptian inventory in 1987. Egyptian Hull Numbers 631, 633, 635, 637, 641, 643. Over 400 produced by the USSR.

SOURCES: Jane's Fighting Ships: 1987-88. Ihs Global, 1987, pg. 427; "Missile BoatsProject 205." Accessed December 30, 2019. http://russianships.info/eng/warfareboats/project_205.htm.; Vego, Milan "Soviet Naval Tactics", Annapolis, MD: Naval Institute Press, 1992, pg. 242-49.

Post #: 5
RE: Missing OSA, Komar & Russian frigate pics - 1/1/2020 1:35:12 PM   
Tom Konczal

Wow! Thanks for the explanation. I am a new novice command operations player that has never played CMANO. I had no idea all of the trouble and detail you went through to prepare these databases. I am extremely grateful for all the work you are doing. I just assumed that all these pictures were in there and wasn’t sure why they weren’t showing up on my screen. Now I understand. Thank you again for all your hard work.
Tom Konczal

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Resolved] Missing OSA, Komar & Russian frigate pics Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI