Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Witch's Cauldron scenario, and suggestion for SS.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Witch's Cauldron scenario, and suggestion for SS. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Witch's Cauldron scenario, and suggestion for SS. - 12/31/2019 4:11:43 AM   
exsonic01

In witch's cauldron scenario, I remember I fought against T80BVs years ago. But during the recent game, I only saw T-80B1s. This scenario was kinda easy to German, and now I think balance is gone... Whey did you changed Russian tanks to T80B1s? Could you upload T-80BVs version as well for this mission? I'm talking about PBEM balance.

Maybe, in the SS, how about implement an option to let players selects the tier of units?

MBT: T-80U, T-80BV, T-72B obr 1989, T-72B, ...
IFV: BMP-2D, BMP-2 obr 1986, BMP-2 obr 1984, BMP-1 ...
Then, let scenario designer set the maximum point limit for each faction, and players will be forced to optimize his force structure. Same goes to AI forces.

What I suggested in suggestion post was some sort of "skirmish battle" or "free formation", which is to let players "purchase" their own units to create their own formation for battalion / regiment / brigade / division.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4741114

Option to select the tier of units also would be good enough... But I wish to have more freedom for force configuration so I think "free formation" option would be much better if possible.

< Message edited by exsonic01 -- 12/31/2019 4:12:58 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Witch's Cauldron scenario, and suggestion for SS. - 12/31/2019 2:48:47 PM   
CapnDarwin

Scenario forces have not been touched on any Red Storm scenarios. There is a chance that Germany Reforged scenarios may be different from Flashpoint Germany ones in certain cases.

As for selection of units in a scenario, not something we can do the way scenario selection and build is done right now. We are looking at some easier ways for people to make new scenarios and may be able to slowly approach a system closer to what you are suggesting. More than likely an effort that is post Release at this point.

Work on Southern Storm continues as we squish bugs and work on features.

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to exsonic01)
Post #: 2
RE: Witch's Cauldron scenario, and suggestion for SS. - 1/3/2020 3:06:51 AM   
exsonic01

Sounds like an idea. Me (and probably others) would want some sort of freedom for the configuration of forces for PBEM games.

I think actually a lot of people expressed some concerns or dissatisfaction regarding balance of scenarios. There are some obviously unbalanced scenarios as you may know.

Making a scenario making easier can be a way, but options like 'free formation' and let players 'purchase' and 'build' their own formation based on some point / slot limit would bring more interest to players.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Witch's Cauldron scenario, and suggestion for SS. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI