Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario editor error

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Close Combat: The Bloody First - Tech Support Forum >> Scenario editor error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario editor error - 12/30/2019 1:25:19 AM   
Rosseau

Getting this error when trying to play a custom scenario. Obviously, I forgot something:

MISSING IDS CC RESULT REASON-1 MISSING IDS CC RESULT VIC-9

Or something like that.

Post #: 1
RE: Scenario editor error - 12/30/2019 9:48:28 PM   
SteveMcClaire

You can get this if you create a custom scenario where one side has no victory location under their control at start. The game evaluates the initial state of the battle before you start and goes straight to Debrief since the battle end conditions are already satisfied.

I have a fix for this that should be in the .8 update, or possibly .9 depending on when they go out.

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario editor error - 12/31/2019 2:19:26 AM   
ineffable

CC3's editor only required one objective per scenario. A scenario where one side controls all objectives should start at the two-minute warning if the 'All objectives taken' and 'two-minute warning' game settings are selected. A scenario should run if 'all objectives taken' and two-minute warning' are deselected. In fact, 'two-minute warning' should auto-deselect when 'all objectives' is deselected because that warning then has no condition to trigger it.

Another question is how to handle 'last man standing' scenarios where all game settings are deselected. In that case the victory conditions are still predicated on objective control at completion of battle in part because the enemy AI needs a goal and the neutral AI referees victory based on obj control. But what if the player's intention by deselecting all battle end conditions is to have only a battle of attrition?

Quid si

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario editor error - 12/31/2019 3:35:00 AM   
Rosseau

Yes, yes gentlemen, I forgot about this. It was brought up earlier and I did not remember. So my foolishness.

Thank you for your patience dear devs, and ineffable for your constant care and guidance. The battle of attrition is an interesting concept. Not sure how the past CCs handled that, if at all.

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Close Combat: The Bloody First - Tech Support Forum >> Scenario editor error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI