Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Allies vs. Skynet

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> AAR >> RE: Allies vs. Skynet Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/10/2020 10:50:40 PM   
John B.

gwgardner, I would love to, but the file size is limited to 200k. I"m not very computer savvy (I do print screen, put in microsoft paint, then crop the image down to a 200K chunk). Any easy way to get larger pictures would be very welcome.

And, glad you like the AAR!!

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 61
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/11/2020 5:24:15 PM   
John B.

Well, while we're stuck with just 200K for the picture size the war continues! And, big news as the early rains give way to better attack weather.

1. Italy joined the Entente! Britain did promised to pay them 200 MMP to "help" them with their armaments and several Italian ministers just happened to purchase large flats in Picadilly at which rather attractive young ladies have been seen to frequent, but this is all mere coincidence.

2. Moroccan tribes rose in revolt and siezed Fes. The French yawned and did not care.

3. With the Italian declaration of war a proposal was put forth to attack the A/H navy with torpedo boats. Convinced such a scheme was lunacy, the Italian high command declined. https://nzhistory.govt.nz/media/photo/sms-szent-istv%C3%A1n-sinking

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 62
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/11/2020 5:26:56 PM   
John B.

Italian troops, however, fired with a desire to reclaimed the unredeemed territories of the Trentino surged forward, heedless of their own lives, and not only took Trent but pushed beyond. Italians also pushed across the Isonzo and neared Trieste ("To think some people said we'd loses tens of thousands of men attacking across this river" some Italians were heard to scoff as they marched in the Spring sunshine across pontoon bridges.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 63
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/11/2020 5:28:49 PM   
John B.

A/H's losses on the Italian front appear to be a direct result of the decision to pile everything against Serbia. Cetnje fell (because I forgot to reinforce it) and the Serbs pulled back and dug in grimly. The French corps steaming to Tirana was not quite able to make it and so the Serbs have to hope that the port (which is wide open) and hang on for one more turn.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 64
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/11/2020 5:31:07 PM   
John B.

Not too much to report in Russia. Russians reinforced as did the Germans with an A/H corps being destroyed and a German corps that advanced a hex too far in East Prussia suffering a similar fate. A German armored cruiser ran into a mine in the Gulf of Finland as the German navy made moves in that direction. On the Caucasus front the Russians and Ottomans exchanged a few blows.

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 65
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/11/2020 5:33:23 PM   
John B.

But, big news in Belgium. Sensing German weakness the British put in a series of attacks on Antwerp and recaptured the town. There are starting to be mutterings in the corridors of Whitehall that perhaps they don't really want to invite the US into the war. Perhaps England should declare war on the Netherlands to shut off Germany's windpipe. We shall see how 1915 goes. Another German corps was destroyed by French attacks in Belgium.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 66
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/11/2020 5:35:03 PM   
John B.

By the way, you can see in the previous picture that there is a "6" strength corps next to Brussles. It was full strength but was ambushed by the Brussels corps. I don't like that rule. The corps was only ordered to enter an empty hex, it was not sent into Brussels. I can understand ambushes if you try to enter a hex, but not if its one that you already know is clear.

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 67
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/11/2020 5:37:08 PM   
John B.

Meanwhile, In Alsace Lorraine the French engineered a breakthrough and caught Prince Ruprecht's HQ napping. This may be a dead French corps pretty soon, but Joffre decided that it was worth the shot to disrupt the German logistics network. This far in the war Germany as lost as many corps as the Entente combined and you start to get the sense that all is not well in Berlin.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 68
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/13/2020 8:53:56 PM   
John B.

Trying a test. Gwgarnder was kind enough to point me in a different graphics direction so I'm seeing how well it works. This is most of the Western Front.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 69
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/13/2020 8:54:36 PM   
John B.

I think we have a winner! All hail gwgardner!!!

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 70
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/13/2020 9:34:59 PM   
John B.

Ok, assuming this continues to work, here is the latest view of Galicia.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 71
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/13/2020 9:35:40 PM   
John B.

And Poland.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 72
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/13/2020 9:36:24 PM   
John B.

East Prussia.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 73
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/13/2020 9:36:55 PM   
John B.

Serbia.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 74
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/13/2020 9:37:27 PM   
John B.

Sinai.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 75
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/13/2020 9:38:20 PM   
John B.

And the Caucasus.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 76
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/13/2020 9:38:52 PM   
John B.

A work in progress, but this should give everyone a better idea of where things stand in future reports.

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 77
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/13/2020 10:44:37 PM   
John B.

Not a stellar turn for the Entente. On the Western front the Belgian government had just moved back to Antwerp when a series of savage attacks by the Germans led to bitter house to house fighting. At the very end, the Germans destroyed a British corps and recaptured the city forcing an ignominious flight back to Ypres by the Belgians. The British and French joined forces to try to recapture the city before the Germans could dig in yet at the very end the last remnants of the German garrison were able to hold on long enough to give German reserves a chance to move back in.

The first of Kitchners New Army landed in France and other attacks were launched by the Germans up and down the line with the Germans generally getting the worst of it.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 78
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/13/2020 10:46:17 PM   
John B.

Sorry about the photo quality. I'm getting the hang of this! In Italy, both sides dug in as the Italians saw little to gain in aimlessly hurling themselves at the A/H lines. The Italian navy, however scored a minor success in sinking an A/H light cruiser just off the heel of the Italian boot.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 79
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/13/2020 10:48:32 PM   
John B.

Serbia, dear Serbia. The A/H won the race to Triana and both Montenegro and Albania collapsed. The Serbs are cut off and not getting any real sympathy from the Greeks or the Rumanians. It's a good thing that the Bulgarian corps in down in Palestine. There is a French corps just still on ships off the coast of Greece trying to think of something to do. I dunno, maybe I'll invade Gallipoli. I do have a unit of Marines on Lemnos.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 80
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/13/2020 10:52:59 PM   
John B.

Thank God for the Tsar! While the Russian pulled back and dug in along the Ottoman border the Russians did capture Tarnow and killed an A/H detachment. Unfortunately, the Russians forgot to check their Baedecker's guide (aka hotkey H which shows your the map sans units) and notice that there is not one, but two, two rail lines into Prezemyl so the German corps there is not cut off but feasting on hot strudel everyday. The Russians are also a bit exposed in two different salients. Still, a bit of Entente success on an otherwise bad turn.

No supply in the Sinai so nothing going on there.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 81
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/14/2020 11:45:23 PM   
John B.

A new era dawned in warfare this turn when French patrol planes intercepted a German bombing raid and shot down some of the German attackers. Otherwise, on the Western Front the Entente opted to not try to recapture Antwerp since they only had two hexsides on it to attack. Rather, the British took over more of the line and reinforced as did the French. ONe German corps in a salient was destroyed.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 82
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/14/2020 11:48:35 PM   
John B.

In Italy, the Italians are attempting to improve their logistics in the alps by reinforcing their headquarters. They are also moving up reserve corps to renew their offensive. The Italian recon bomber found the A/H fleet hovering around Trieste. Spending money on a fleet always seems like a good idea until you have to use it. :)

More submarine combat on the heel of Italy as the Italian destroyer and the French seaplane cruiser each damaged an A/H submarine.

In Sinai the supply is wretched even back in Egypt. I know that the Brits did not get supply figured out until 1917 but what steps do I need to take to start getting supply up to a level where I can attack?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 83
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/14/2020 11:50:05 PM   
John B.

Serbia had enough MMP to reinforce. They withdrew in the south and are basically waiting to die.

Thus far no movement for Entente diplomacy for any of their targets. Meanwhile, German bribes have been having the desired effect on the Netherlands.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 84
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/14/2020 11:51:23 PM   
John B.

Part of the German navy has appeared outside the Gulf of Finland. I moved a Russian dreadnought to Helsinki in hopes that the Germans will attack it while it's in port and thus significantly damage themselves so that I can mop up some units.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 85
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/14/2020 11:54:40 PM   
John B.

Sorry, Hanko and not Helsinki. And, some Russian sailors were paying very close attention to the facilities at Hanko ("you know" they said "if Finland ever became independent and a revolutionary government was installed in Russia who then attacked Finland, occupying this base might be a good peace condition.")

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 86
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/14/2020 11:58:16 PM   
John B.

But the real news in Russia is the 1915 breakthrough at Gorlice-Tarnow. Now, in some alternative universe such a breakthrough may have happened with the Russian line being shattered and the Central Powers pouring through but not in this one. The Imperial Tsarist pixels destroyed an A/H corps and have advanced to the gates of Gorlice. The A/H corps there is under strength and not in good shape. I expect reinforcements moementarily but Russian logistics look to be in good shape.

On the Ottoman border (which is easier than trying to figure out how to spell Caucasus each report) The Russians rebuilt their units. A Russian dreadnought arrived at Rostov and is expected to be in action soon.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 87
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/16/2020 9:34:22 PM   
John B.

The summer of 1915 continues and the Entente resumes in march. In Gallipoli, the Royal Marines have put to sea. I'm not really sure that this invasion will work, but what the hell, I might as well give it a shot. I'm sure the pixel widows and orphans will forgive me. A French dreadnought did run into a mine field that was laid in the Dardanelles. What are the odds of that happening? :)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 88
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/16/2020 9:35:46 PM   
John B.

Serbia is, well, it's Serbia. I don't think my amphibious transport can get to Albania so Serbia is being bled to death. It did destroy and A/H detachment but otherwise, the Austrians refuse to withdrawal any troops and have the country in a death grip.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 89
RE: Allies vs. Skynet - 1/16/2020 9:37:03 PM   
John B.

The Italians launched a series of attacks on an A/H detachment in Klagenfurt. They made good progress, but I fully expect an A/H corps to move in this turn. The Italians have been working on improving their logistics by reinforcing their HQ.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> AAR >> RE: Allies vs. Skynet Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI