Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pathing question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Desert War 1940 - 1942 >> Pathing question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pathing question - 12/28/2019 2:07:13 AM   
AP514

I find that several times when I set HQ to road move. Units will try to Path right thru a know enemy....Is there a way to say Alt then click to set the path to get my units to move around know enemy units ?
Not only does this limit my movement it makes me move only a portion of my move allotment due to the pathing.

AP514
Post #: 1
RE: Pathing question - 12/28/2019 2:30:13 AM   
bcgames

quote:

ORIGINAL: AP514

I find that several times when I set HQ to road move. Units will try to Path right thru a know enemy....Is there a way to say Alt then click to set the path to get my units to move around know enemy units ?

Short Answer: No.

Nice idea. Saint Ruth will have to answer about the feasibility of coding this capability.

(in reply to AP514)
Post #: 2
RE: Pathing question - 12/28/2019 3:54:04 AM   
bcgames

quote:

ORIGINAL: AP514

I find that several times when I set HQ to road move. Units will try to Path right thru a know[n] enemy...

I had to read this a few times to make sure I understood what it was saying. IF I understand correctly what it is saying, NEVER use road movement in close proximity to the enemy unless you have a darn good reason and are totally confident in the outcome that results from your units running into an ambush.

(in reply to AP514)
Post #: 3
RE: Pathing question - 1/6/2020 4:34:27 PM   
AP514

I have scouted ahead of column..The way is clear..but some units take other paths
Example:
my units are doing a Flank move. The Division is spread out( 6-7 hexes from front unit to back unit) along a Road/trail.
The front units move along the road and continue along the path.
The back units decide to take another route on the roads/path that would move them thru know enemy units. So I have to only move them a Short distance to keep them on the same road/path as the rest of the division..making them spread out a large amount. (To the point of almost not making the use of ROAD movement worth it-due to the back units not moving very far)

My Question is why can they not stay on the same path as the units that went before them ??

< Message edited by AP514 -- 1/6/2020 4:41:30 PM >

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 4
RE: Pathing question - 1/6/2020 8:33:10 PM   
bcgames

There's a "congestion charge" on the roads. The more units that use a stretch of road, the higher the movement cost for that road. Every unit that passes along a hex increases the movement cost for that hex by 0.1 MP. Reason was that units were getting stuck in traffic jams. If lots of units have been planned to move along a road, then later units should automatically plan to move along adjacent to the road. At 0.25 MPs for road movement along a highway, that means (with Road movement) the 11th unit moving through that highway will find it easier to move though a desert hex (i.e. desert hex movment = 1.25 and that road will now be 1.35 MP).

(in reply to AP514)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Desert War 1940 - 1942 >> Pathing question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI