Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Largest Map Size Possible Using The In Game Editor?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> MODS and Scenarios >> Largest Map Size Possible Using The In Game Editor? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Largest Map Size Possible Using The In Game Editor? - 12/27/2019 2:09:39 PM   
seydlitz22513

Over the festive period, I have been experimenting with creating a very large in-game world map using the editor, the stated largest map size is 512 x 256? Well I managed to exceed that size by a big margin, the image below is for a map size of 739 x 437 Hexes, so you see the maps can be made much much larger than previously stated by the game designers. Merry Christmas everyone.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Largest Map Size Possible Using The In Game Editor? - 12/27/2019 2:48:46 PM   
seydlitz22513

Info for anyone interested in creating a new map or scenario from scratch, I find the best thing to do is in the top left-hand corner of the game map is to list the 10 Major power Capitols first, before you start working on fine-tuning the game map adding in Mountain ranges or roads and rail line, etc.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to seydlitz22513)
Post #: 2
RE: Largest Map Size Possible Using The In Game Editor? - 2/23/2020 8:43:51 AM   
FOARP

Out of interest, how did you make the map that big?

Am thinking about doing a North America scenario stretching from Bermuda in the east to Hawaii in the west, and Anchorage in the north west to the Dominican Republic in the south east, and with 20 mile hexes that’s going to be difficult to do with the standard sized map.

(in reply to seydlitz22513)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> MODS and Scenarios >> Largest Map Size Possible Using The In Game Editor? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI