Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Steam Remote Play

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Steam Remote Play Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Steam Remote Play - 12/26/2019 4:23:27 PM   
kevinkins

I have no idea when this first came out, but noticed a reference to it in another wargame forum. That game is turned based. Anyway, would enabling CMO to work with Steam Remote Play have any utility for players? Maybe this came up before, but I don't remember. First I heard of it just a minute ago.

https://store.steampowered.com/remoteplay

“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

Post #: 1
RE: Steam Remote Play - 12/26/2019 5:05:00 PM   
xan2622

Hi

There have been many feature requests for CMO and a multi-player mode is one of them. Some players would like real-time MP, others suggested to use a "WE-GO" MP.
I don't know what kind of multiplayer mode will be integrated in CMO in the future but this Steam Remote Play is interesting. It could help find players online and it would be also really cool to be able to play with Steam friends.

I suggest you to post this idea in this thread (to keep track of it easily):
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4709794

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 2
RE: Steam Remote Play - 12/26/2019 10:36:34 PM   
Wasicun

I think it's time for a real multiplayer for this amazing videogame!

(in reply to xan2622)
Post #: 3
RE: Steam Remote Play - 12/27/2019 8:45:55 AM   
Sardaukar

There was this:

https://baloogancampaign.com/command-plugins/joint-command/

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Wasicun)
Post #: 4
RE: Steam Remote Play - 12/27/2019 8:39:06 PM   
Zanthra

With Steam Remote play, both players see the same screen. The video is encoded and sent to the remote parties, and their inputs are sent back. This is designed for use with games where two players play on the same screen with separate controllers, like many multiplayer console games, or a hot seat multiplayer where players alternate taking turns. Remote Play would not be of use for CMO, other than perhaps to share your keyboard and mouse with another to assist playing the same side. A proper multiplayer would have to be programmed into the game.

< Message edited by Zanthra -- 12/27/2019 8:42:24 PM >

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 5
RE: Steam Remote Play - 12/28/2019 2:43:24 PM   
kevinkins

That's what I thought about Steam Remote, thanks for confirming. I was thinking that if CMO was launched in editor mode, the sides could be changed back and forth after an agreed upon time frame. Not ideal, but might be interesting to try out on a small scenario. And you are right, it could assist in teaching the game to others or help the developers better understand tech support issues. But if enabling CMO for Remote is a big effort, I would not advocate going down that road. It might just be a niche sort of thing.

Kevin

“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to Zanthra)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Steam Remote Play Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI