Shannon V. OKeets
From: Honolulu, Hawaii
Attached is Hot Patch version 03.01.00.01.
The attached Zipped file contains a replacement executable (MWIF.exe) and the Release Notes for the Hot Patch - shown below.
Release Notes for Hot Patch Version 03.01.00.01
(changes since 03.01.00.00)
All Modes of Play
1. Added a prompt for naval interceptions when the intercepting side has submarines in the sea area and does not check the box for having the submarines participate in the interception (and any ensuring combat). Under those circumstances, the player is now asked whether he wants to have the submarines included. Frequently a player intended to include the submarines, but forgot to check the box to make that happen. Now the program provides a second opportunity for the player to request that the submarines be included (or not).
2. Removed land and air units that are being transported by naval units from the list of possible targets in a sea area when choosing which unit suffers the effects of a naval combat result. This change only affects the Naval Combat Results form and removes the temptation to select a land unit being carried by a non-combatant as the unit to receive a result during a naval combat. For example, if the US (while still neutral) transports a Commonwealth land unit into a sea area where Germany attacks Commonwealth naval units, then the list of possible units suffering a Destroyed result is restricted to only the Commonwealth naval units - not the Commonwealth land unit aboard the neutral US naval transport. And of course the US transport cannot be chosen as the target unless one of the pertinent US Entry Options has been selected by the US. In the latter case, the US transport will show as a possible target - the Commonwealth land unit will still not be a viable target.
3. Added a line of code so that carrier air units aboard damaged carriers cannot continue to fight in subsequent naval air combats. This situation can arise if in an earlier round of naval combat a carrier gets damaged and both sides decide to stay and fight another round. In that case, carrier air units aboard damaged carriers are not included in naval air combats. It can also occur if damaged carriers are intercepted returning to base from a naval combat.
4. Added some more code to change the plane role for air units to Undecided after a naval air combat round is over. Under some circumstances, the program was leaving the plane roles as they were in a previous round of naval combat.
5. Note that there is nothing in the rules about liberating governed areas (territories). Only minor countries and major powers can be liberated. Therefore, the program does not check for, nor process, ‘liberated’ territories.
6. Corrected the code so minor countries that were originally controlled by France, but most recently controlled by Vichy France, cannot be liberated if France does not exist (that is, it was completely conquered). Basically, this is the code to implement the rule that once France is completely conquered, it can only be restored as a major power on the Allied side by an Allied major power liberating Paris. Therefore, when a minor country that was originally controlled by France is conquered by an Allied major power (i.e., taken away from the Axis), it remains as Conquered and cannot be Liberated.
7. Modified the factory list for Germany to include Italian factories in hexes controlled by Germany after Italy is conquered, either completely to incompletely. These include both red, blue, and green factories and can greatly increase the number of factories that Germany can use for production when Italy is conquered. Note that if Italy is liberated, then the hex control reverts back to Italy and they become Italian factories once again. Should the game continue on after Italy is liberated and subsequently Italy is totally conquered by the Allies, then Germany can use Italian factories again - provided it controls the factory hex.
8. Fixed a problem with ending the Victory Check phase so it no longer goes into an infinite loop..
9. Added some code so the Victory form is always shown in Victory phase at the end of each turn, displaying the current victory point totals.
10. Changed the Victory form display so it always starts with the victory hexes sorted by major power, instead of by their latitude on the global map.
11. Made a small change to processing more than one Naval Combat in a sea area initiated by submarines so the program no longer halts under certain circumstances - for example, when both sides decide to stay and fight another round of combat in a sea area and include submarines.
12. Disabled Italy from being liberated on the same turn that it is conquered.
< Message edited by Shannon V. OKeets -- 12/25/2019 5:48:24 PM >
Perfection is an elusive goal.