Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Classic vs "Modern"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Classic vs "Modern" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Classic vs "Modern" - 12/25/2019 1:00:35 AM   
oddjob008

Hi Everyone,

I apologize if my search skills are terrible, a thread such as this one exists, and I am failing to find existing answers to my question elsewhere. I did try to look in this forum and the one for the Strategic Command Classic: World War I, and I could not find anything.

Anyhow, I was wondering if there is any reason content / scenario wise to warrant a purchase of Strategic Command Classic: World War I, if I purchased Strategic Command : World War I? And if I'm not being too off-topic here, likewise for Strategic Command Classic : Global Conflict and Strategic Command Classic : World War II, if I already own War in Europe and World at War?

Thank you all in advance for your answer(s) and patience.

Happy holidays to you all.

< Message edited by oddjob008 -- 12/25/2019 1:15:08 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Classic vs "Modern" - 12/25/2019 1:09:42 AM   
wodin

If you have the new game no need for the old one. You're best spending the money on WW1GOLD

(in reply to oddjob008)
Post #: 2
RE: Classic vs "Modern" - 12/25/2019 1:25:08 AM   
Sugar

Hi oddjob008,

I can't honestly speak for Global Conflict/AoD in comparison to WaW, but SCWWI Breakthrough or Gold? contains a bunch of nicely built scenarios, like the French-Prussian War, german East Africa, the Russian Civil War and many div.-lvl scenarios as well as the predecessor of WiE, Storm over Europe, all worth being played even against the AI.

The main difference is the scale and the use of action points; you'll have to plan more carefully since you can't split them, i.e. either attack and move or move and attack, apart from minor differencies. In general the game is faster to play with less and faster units.

I have no clue if some of those scenarios will appear in SC: World War I, so I'm glad I still have the opportunity to play them.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Classic vs "Modern" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI