Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Using different computer for PBEM

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Using different computer for PBEM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using different computer for PBEM - 12/23/2019 5:46:00 PM   
pjg100

Score: 0
I have been playing a game on my Windows 10 desktop at home. I will be travelling for a week and continuing the game on my Windows 10 Surface Pro 4. I recall at some point some people were having issues when switching computers mid-game, such as having FOW lifted. Have those problems been fixed, and if not are there any workarounds?
Post #: 1
RE: Using different computer for PBEM - 12/26/2019 1:39:53 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
That FoW error has long been fixed. You might get a missing DAT file report due to switching computers and the fact that PBEM++ games store some game data locally, it won't always happen as it depends upon which version you start your PBEM++ game with and then continue on another PC, and if you do just post here and I can quickly get you going again.

< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 12/26/2019 1:40:52 PM >

(in reply to pjg100)
Post #: 2
RE: Using different computer for PBEM - 2/7/2020 12:55:50 PM   
Calaf

On that same note: I have downloaded the game via Steam, first on my stationary PC, where I started the PBEM games, and then my laptop. Now, my PC saved PBEM game files don't show up on my laptop when I try to play them while traveling. Seems the files are saved locally, and not on the Steam server. Is there a workaround here, so that the files can be played on my laptop?

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: Using different computer for PBEM - 2/7/2020 1:32:09 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Calaf,

Which PBEM files are not showing up specifically? I just ask as all the main files are located on the server and when you log in to the PBEMM++ Lobby in game it should show all the relevant games you have going as this info is downloaded from the server and not stored locally at all.

You might receive a missing DAT file error once you attempt to start a PBEM game from the lobby but this is very rare, there are unfortunately complex reasons for this, and I can help you sort that out if it happens.

However, other saved games such as Hotseat or games against the AI are stored locally.

Hubert

(in reply to Calaf)
Post #: 4
RE: Using different computer for PBEM - 2/12/2020 1:12:40 PM   
Calaf

Thanks, Hubert. Promising! ... and yet strange, strange. My PBEM-games don't show on my laptop. I'll check into it, probably one of my (usual) PC ****-ups... Hehe.

Post #: 5
RE: Using different computer for PBEM - 2/13/2020 1:34:27 PM   
Hubert Cater

The only reason I can think of that your PBEM++ games do not show up on your laptop is due to a possibly different PBEM++ lobby login?

(in reply to Calaf)
Post #: 6
RE: Using different computer for PBEM - 2/13/2020 1:37:14 PM   
Calaf

It has to be something like that, then. I will (try to) check it out! Thx again, Hubert.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Using different computer for PBEM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI