Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A little experimentation with freighters... (Bacon with Retreat UE)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> A little experimentation with freighters... (Bacon with Retreat UE) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A little experimentation with freighters... (Bacon with... - 12/23/2019 4:26:34 PM   
LordMM

So I thought I would try doing a little experiment with freighters. I am not sure if others have tried doing this but ill post it here anyway and see if I notice any change in the way goods are supplied throughout the empire. Or even if it improves the availability of resources at different planets.

The simple idea is to have a large freighter design with 20 Cargo hold or even more. As my empire gets larger, and I get better tech. I'll gradually improve on my design, making it even larger or faster. Initially, my plan is to place it under the private sector itself and see how it uses these ships.

So the first obvious side effect was the gargantuan amounts of resources being transported by a single freighter. In fact, at that time the private sector had finished building nearly 6 of these monsters.

I also came across a gas giant with 100% Caslon. My first instinct was to create a fuel depot. My own version of a gas mining station with massive shields and nearly 80 Cargo holds.

My Fuel depot current has 120k Caslon and Hydrogen stored inside it. Interestingly the AI decided to route 3 of these massive haulers into transporting Caslon. This means, in a short span of time my Capital will be supplied with nearly 25,500 tons of fuel.

With the Bacon mod installed, and with the ability to build freighters and create supply routes. It could be quiet easy to use just a few of these Haulers to create a forward supply base in deep space. Remember, I'm just using the starter techs. With later techs and larger cargo size. It would not be too difficult to quickly setup a forward outpost to refuel/repair your massive fleets.

God I love the sandbox nature of this game

< Message edited by LordMM -- 12/23/2019 4:32:15 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> A little experimentation with freighters... (Bacon with Retreat UE) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI