Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Kelly n Me

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> Kelly n Me Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kelly n Me - 12/22/2019 10:40:36 PM   
dasboot1960

All right. I'm in. My second time for the Emperor, Kelly's second for the allies. This will be very informal, but hopefully not too infrequent.

I had played allies twice before, but needed to know about IJ. Operation Red Cloud is well afoot.

I don't expect Kelly to peek, but I may prove somewhat vague. 1 day turns.

Kelly is still green. We have no house rules, but I self-imposed the Kwantung army restrictions, no city bombing in China until (?). As of 12-41, I already feel gamey playing PDU on, but I bet that changes when the heat comes up.

Strategy - I paid more attention to initial HQ arrangements this time, at least for starters. I intend to press the Aus. logistic trunk along the lines of Baker and Canton, Tabituea sings to me like a siren. Last time out, Rangoon and Java generally were very stubborn, I intend to ease efforts in the PI to speed efforts against those two. Mersing is the move vs Malaya, but he's seen it before... I think I can force it. Very generally, I think IJ should take all they can get early, but not commit large forces to forward defense, meaning large ground forces prone to being cut off. I love the notion of taking Noumea and Port Moresby, and intend to. I don't invision major ops on Australian ground. I also think that Cocos and Christmas IO are early musts. They can be tidied up, but the allies can make it effort intensive if not handled quickly.

Air - I added as many replacements as possible to every air unit that could accept them. Operational training strikes me as most effective, no better time than at the start, and better to lose rookies than vets, I don't anticipate airframes to be an issue due to losses. I am trying to max the size upgrades for float and CV air units. Any 81+ pilots to TRACOM. Every unit that looks like a training unit is.

Naval - I intend to do at least day 2 at Pearl. I generally followed the available guidelines (you know who you are, THANK YOU) as to conversions. I'm going to hoard my min-sub carriers and hope to sneak a punch in. Any merchant conversions not available at start bases are being centralized in Japan, but no unnecessary movement west of Formosa. I think I need to take Midway, but haven't ciphered that yet, same for the Aleutians, and Diego Garcia, that area. I know Kelly will not fritter away CVs and BBs like last time, and the good results I had encourage me to use CAs forward early. I'm sure I will fragment KB (four and two)but not sure how or when. I don't think a venture to the Indian Ocean is in the cards, It got me out of best position last time; but I haven't ruled it out.

Land - Early mass pressure to take Singapore, early effort vs Palembang. Lae, Rabaul, Shortlands and Guadalcanal to the east. I think heavy pressure vs India is a must, but it looks months off right now. I intend to pressure China, but am taking the first week or two to optimize garrisons and gather my strength.

That's it for now. There it is. Here I go. I just returned 12-8-41 to Kelly for his move.

I heartily invite comments, questions, kibitzing or other conversation.

Down like a CLOWN!
Post #: 1
RE: Kelly n Me - 12/22/2019 10:49:59 PM   
dasboot1960

For newer players - Scour the info screens. Everything is there, but until you know where to look, you don't know where to look! Also, play two handed; mouse click and esc button. I can't believe that one took me so long to figure out. Take the time. Go through it all. Once you get rolling, you'll know what's going on. I think Tracker is a must, at least for IJ, I'm hoping to get Intel Monkey running on my next turn. CHEERS

Down like a CLOWN!

(in reply to dasboot1960)
Post #: 2
RE: Kelly n Me - 12/23/2019 4:30:25 AM   
jdsrae

Good luck Gensui.
May your CVs avoid Dutch subs and S-boats and your subs find his!

Currently playing my first PBEM, no house rules Scenario 1 as IJ.
AAR link (no CrackSabbath): https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4684655

Post #: 3
RE: Kelly n Me - 12/23/2019 10:13:05 PM   
dasboot1960

Thanks JD! I peeked in on your start, and I'm glad Kelly wanted a historical surprise first turn. I should have mentioned, we did a historical turn one with surprise on. I think you should find that your superior air search ranges can keep you from being surprised by surface forces, and strike ranges will allow you to batter any concentrations. In my previous game, I found my CAs very effective in evenly matched (and I mean 2v2, 4v4) surface actions against American BBs. I have seen the indications that aggressive allied players are out there, but I personally can't get my head around any possible successful allied strategy except the bushwack. I intend be very aggressive with early grabs. I do not feel competent to advise or comment on your options as I've never imagined playing anything other than a historical start. Good Luck

Down like a CLOWN!

(in reply to jdsrae)
Post #: 4
RE: Kelly n Me - 12/24/2019 12:21:34 AM   
T Rav

Looking forward to the match. Good luck!

T Rav

Post #: 5
RE: Kelly n Me - 12/26/2019 3:10:24 PM   
Bif1961

Looking forward to following this closely as I just finished my contest with my long time opponent. This time I get to be the Empire. I would say the economy gets me every time, as last time I played as the Empire I went for broke and did that by September 44. I will have to work harder in not having pools of aircraft overflowing and now supplies or fuel/oil left.

(in reply to T Rav)
Post #: 6
RE: Kelly n Me - 12/26/2019 5:44:34 PM   
dasboot1960

Well, it's going to move slowly. I'm perfectly happy to knock ideas or comments around. I was able to achieve a much cleaner start this time.

I'm using a 'don't need it, don't move it' approach, particularly with ships. I also (thankfully) read somewhere to not only stop production on all the tiny merchants hulls, but also to turn off the merchant shipyards, which apparently suck up inputs whether actually building something or not. I have or will expand naval shipyards by a hundred pts or so and see how that goes. Considering turning of both Taiho and Shinano, I'm accelerating the Amagiris. I sort of centralized classes of conversions to different ports so I could get a handle on where I stood with those. took most of my guidance from Mike Solli, I'm sure.

Air-wise, I punted to next turn to get all the supply depots up, and save myself a bunch of note taking. I haven't decided if I will use the 'speed-development technique of jumping straight to a6m8, ki-100s and the like. We have no house rules, but I'm trying to not do anything which rings my gamey bell too loud. I don't know all the finer points of the different air frames, but I've put some notes together. I definitely will choke the number of different types, and hoping for opinions there. ONE thing I'm curious about is if a x60 factory performs developmentally as 2x30 factories would. I did go ahead and get some b5n2 production rolling, that particular issue baffles me ( or was it d3a ? Anyway I was aware of it, looked it up and fixed for now, whichever). I take every 81 level pilot every turn to TRACOM. hopefully it helps, and I will have those good pilots available later.

On Land, I think I previously over-committed to the PI. This time I intend to get control of the 'shell' of the SRA ASAP (for me, this includes Rangoon, Pt Blair, Singapore, Java, Christmas IO, Cocos, Celebes and selected bases near Darwin. Enough to prevent any sneaky reinforcement gambits and screen my internal naval moves. I'm boosting vehicle and armament production to 200 each, I think I read that somewhere.

Generally, I'm amazed how much more comfortable I am starting this time. The map does not look so huge, and China not so great a PITA. I have vague concerns about crashing the economy, because I've heard it is a danger. For now, I intend to idle ships as possible while still being aggressive early. Some sort of amphibious action into India seems almost mandatory, but sounds expensive to do and more to maintain without air/nav dominance. I intend to press some in the NPac if for no other reason than to attract attention. I feel like pressure on the Australia-bound logistics will be my best hope for drawing out USN CVs early, but my opponent is very aggressive anyway, but knows a lot more this go-round. I do not expect to see as much frittering away of naval forces as last time.

Down like a CLOWN!

(in reply to Bif1961)
Post #: 7
RE: Kelly n Me - 12/26/2019 8:16:56 PM   
mind_messing

quote:

Air-wise, I punted to next turn to get all the supply depots up, and save myself a bunch of note taking. I haven't decided if I will use the 'speed-development technique of jumping straight to a6m8, ki-100s and the like. We have no house rules, but I'm trying to not do anything which rings my gamey bell too loud. I don't know all the finer points of the different air frames, but I've put some notes together. I definitely will choke the number of different types, and hoping for opinions there. ONE thing I'm curious about is if a x60 factory performs developmentally as 2x30 factories would. I did go ahead and get some b5n2 production rolling, that particular issue baffles me ( or was it d3a ? Anyway I was aware of it, looked it up and fixed for now, whichever). I take every 81 level pilot every turn to TRACOM. hopefully it helps, and I will have those good pilots available later.

I am a big proponent of this.

I skip the Tojo. The Oscar and Nick carry me into 1943, while I work the Oscar up to the late-war IV model.

Push forward the A6M5c (or M8, depending on preference, but the 5c arrives earlier) and pick the Jack or George as your IJN land-based fighter.

I also skip the Helen in lieu of living with the Sally/Lily until the Peggy arrives.

In my view, there's scope to scrimp on aircraft research during 1942 and reap the benefits later in the war.

Post #: 8
RE: Kelly n Me - 12/27/2019 11:50:59 PM   
dasboot1960

mess with my mind

Down like a CLOWN!

(in reply to mind_messing)
Post #: 9
RE: Kelly n Me - 12/27/2019 11:55:28 PM   
dasboot1960

Having thunk some I will consider your approach MM, Hopefully not just because it allows me some period of procrastination. I do believe that IJ, given some buffer allowed by knowledge of history should try to bridge 'time gaps' to the best of their ability

Down like a CLOWN!

Post #: 10
RE: Kelly n Me - 12/28/2019 1:48:00 AM   
mind_messing

quote:

ORIGINAL: dasboot1960

Having thunk some I will consider your approach MM, Hopefully not just because it allows me some period of procrastination. I do believe that IJ, given some buffer allowed by knowledge of history should try to bridge 'time gaps' to the best of their ability

To be honest, any model of the Zero you care to field isn't worth all that much. Sure, they're an improvement on the basic M2, but it's not revolutionary.

The real benefit (IMO) is when you start adding serious anti-shipping capability to the IJAAF.

The Lily IIb/c is a dive bomber and superior in some respects to the equivalent IJN airframes. The Peggy (T) is just fantastic, and pretty much doubles the danger for the Allied fleet.

The other "time gap" to be aware of is with LCU's: the IJA get quite a lot of reinforcements between Dec '43 and Jul '44. Worth making an effort to keep the Allies off your back till this time, as it can make later amphibious ops just a bit more dangerous.

Post #: 11
RE: Kelly n Me - 12/28/2019 10:53:26 AM   
PaxMondo

I agree with most of MM's comments on aircraft. Would like to add a couple of caveats though.

Getting anti-ship capability in the IJA is a nice thing and the Lilly and Peggy allow for it, but there are some draw backs.

Lilly: As MM notes, some real advantages here as compared to the Val/Judy: Its fast, great range (9/11) and has armor. BUT: 2x100 is at best a pitiful bombload. Its great against small ships (DD and smaller), but it can barely dent a CL and won't harm anything bigger. Also, it is twice the price of a Judy as it is 2E.

Peggy: Again, fast, good range (14/17), and armor. But again the same downside: when not carrying a torp, the bombload is only 3x250. That's 25% less than the Sally AND 50% of what allied 2E bombers are carrying. The Sally carry's only 66% of what the allied bombers do and so is already under armed. Not suggesting there is anything better (there isn't) just want to point out some weak spots and to be sure that you understand that for ground bombing you will be using Sally the entire war …

I'm not suggesting you don't build these, just want you to be aware that neither are uber-planes, they both have serious drawbacks as does almost every single IJ aircraft in the game. Grace might be the only aircraft model without a serious flaw in its design (but as implemented in the game it can't carry a 500kg bomb* so it also has a pretty big flaw although 2x250kg is very effective against everything except BB's.).

* to completely transparent, there isn't much data on the Grace's actual load outs as so few were ever built. But from a design POV it certainly could have carried a 500kg bomb)

Pax

Post #: 12
RE: Kelly n Me - 12/28/2019 11:52:08 AM   
mind_messing

quote:

Lilly: As MM notes, some real advantages here as compared to the Val/Judy: Its fast, great range (9/11) and has armor. BUT: 2x100 is at best a pitiful bombload. Its great against small ships (DD and smaller), but it can barely dent a CL and won't harm anything bigger. Also, it is twice the price of a Judy as it is 2E.

I don't see this as much of an issue, given that anything bigger than a CL is a target that you're going to be wanting to bring torpedoes to destroy.

I checked the values of the 100kg SAP bomb (no 100kg AP bomb in the database), with 35 PEN you beat the deck armour of most of the pre-war CL/CA, as well as the Essex and Independence classes (and naturally the unarmoured CVE). Pre-war USN CV's are on the margin, and Brit CV's are out with their armoured decks.

Even 100kg hand grenades going off on BB decks will take out stuff, and with the highest durability (and only dive bomber with armour) the Lily is more likely than any IJ dive bomber to actually make it back to base.

quote:

Peggy: Again, fast, good range (14/17), and armor. But again the same downside: when not carrying a torp, the bombload is only 3x250. That's 25% less than the Sally AND 50% of what allied 2E bombers are carrying. The Sally carry's only 66% of what the allied bombers do and so is already under armed. Not suggesting there is anything better (there isn't) just want to point out some weak spots and to be sure that you understand that for ground bombing you will be using Sally the entire war …

I'm of the view that in general, ground bombing as Japan is, on the whole, pretty pointless. Allied flak most times makes it a lost cause in terms of VP gain, and an extra 250 bomb (compared to the Helen) won't make any notable change.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 13
RE: Kelly n Me - 12/29/2019 5:28:21 PM   
dasboot1960

Happily, a quick turn around from Kelly! This is kinda jumbled, hopefully time will provide better organization.
Nav - Repulse & POW reporting as sunk. NOTHING reporting sunk at PH. Second day raids met a lot of resistance but net losses ~20 total I don't judge that as bad. Got some more BB hits. Inability to use torps is arguing against day three, but undecided. I think Kelly may be lurking here, so I'm not going specific on KB options. I know he can't be at Wake, Midway, and Canton all at once, (so Kelly, if you're here choose wisely!) Other ops are rolling, I'll report on them as they happen.

Air - The usual for 12-8-41 I guess. 2E IJAAF are doing ground support, 1E training ASW. As production comes on, I expect to upgrade those 1E to Sally(?)

Land - Malaysian Marauders on the march. I find San Fernando a more attractive landing point than Lingayen. they're on the way. I diverted Vigan and Aparri forces there to. Forward AB don't strike me as so needed this early in PI. En route HK. Gathering my Thais to get some early Burma pressure. China, still girding my loins, now that I have some bombardment and recons in, I'll get active against smaller separate Chinese units, They are a PITA to run down, so trying to herd them as best as I can. I took the combat units from Samah to optimize China garrisons and free up divisions. I expect to make up for them with selected forces from the PI once I conquer Mindanao and define Luzon. Luzon is on a wither schedule this time around will I focus on the SRA 'shell'. Paratroops concentrating for what are probably obvious ops that I will nor prioritize her.

Industry - Air this turn (woohoo!) I have decided to concentrate on the later war R&D, still not sure how that all will go. For now I think it means speed development on Zero, Oscar, Sally, Lily versions (just roll as is to next upgrade and 'speed' at that point) I think a later Kate gets some kind of radar. Trying to keep that in mind for ASW but there is time. I'll need to roll through the AC menu seeking radar or MAD) At this point, I'm thinking Sam and George, Jill and Grace for IJN (I think Judy will prove mandatory regardless.) For IJA, post Oscar, Ki100, George and Frank. Peggy seems obvious. I think I see myself trying to raise additional 4E patrol boat units, I believe this will post me some PP, but I want substantial search nets. That's about as far as I can see now.

I'll try and post a blurb when I turn 12/9 around.

Down like a CLOWN!

Post #: 14
RE: Kelly n Me - 12/29/2019 6:09:56 PM   
Bif1961

I just sent off my 1st turn and have a feeling, like most Japanese players I forget something or gaked something up somewhere with the death by a million clicks.

Post #: 15
RE: Kelly n Me - 12/30/2019 1:13:25 AM   
dasboot1960

I can sleep tonight knowing: Its a million fing clicks.

Down like a CLOWN!

(in reply to Bif1961)
Post #: 16
RE: Kelly n Me - 1/5/2020 6:53:12 PM   
dasboot1960

ALRIGHTY THEN! Just returned 12-9-41. Didn't find any gross variations from plan. I was surprised to see a determined ASW effort off Singapore against the initial IJ sub concentration. Didn't lose any, two aborting to Saigon for repairs.

Letting merchants move another turn before setting up initial resource convoys. Went through Japan to continue naval and float air unit upsizing and merchant conversions.

I feel my weakest point is air production/R&D. We are playing PDU On, so I have a chance to really screw up. At one-day turns, I do have some time to think. For now:
Halted - Hitachi Early & Amakaze, Kayaba Argus and Nakajima Kotobuki

Airframes under consideration for continued production and future development (all others, R&D turned off)

Night Fighters - S1A1, P1Y1-S, Ki54KaiD, Ki46-III Kai, Ki102b, JINI-SA, D4Y2-S. I think several of these really aren't to be considered, just hedging my bets. Not envisioning a need for carrier borne fighters, Not sure J1N1 really cuts it.

Kamikazes - Toka, all Ki-115

Level Bombers - P1Y3, Ki67 all, Ki49 all Ki48IIa

Torpedo Bombers - P1Y2, P1Y1, Ki67Ia, B6N, B7N

Fighters - N1K1 all except the float, Ki84 all, Li83, Ki61 all thru Ki100, Ki45KAIa, Ki43 all, Ki201, Ki202, Ki102 all, J8M1, J7W1, J2M all. This list will likely be trimmed

Recce - Ki95, Ki46 all, J1N1c, C6N1 all

Trans - I think it will be the G4M-L, but haven't ruled out the L2D2, I forget the early war one I intend to continue as a bridge, Tina or Topsy

Long range fighter(maybe) Ki93-1a

ASW - Ki49-1a, KA1. I think G3m and G4m may prove to be the actual here, but didn't go through all of them.

Dive Bomber - Ki48IIa, D4Y all. I think the B7n can also dive bomb(?)

I intend to trim basically all of these lists so I can focus engine R&D and production, any and all comments welcome.

I don't want to address KB ops ahead of orders execution.

CHEERS

Down like a CLOWN!

Post #: 17
RE: Kelly n Me - 1/12/2020 6:30:27 PM   
dasboot1960

Just returned 12-10. Initial forward ops are getting closer to execution, I don't want to compromise them. It is AFTER action.

Went somewhat through air prod and R&D. I'm having a really tough time narrowing choices amongst fighters, bombers and transports. I'm trying to keep in mind the arrival dates.
Under the fast track R&D scheme, it seem that the trick only works when an R&D factory is 'blue'? I also bumped some engine production, but for now I'm just going to take little bites toward swallowing the whole elephant of a plan for the war.

Naval - went through and stopped some sub production. Many have not started yet, so I don't think they matter. I kept the big late ware SSTs on (because they have torps, and great range). I also kept any and all that carry a/c (for now) I kept the SSTs that are already started just to see what may give. For now I'm keeping Taiho and Shinano both on. I'm building up NSY to handle the increase (well, 100 pts, we'll see) I've turned much MSY off, and monitoring turn by turn.

Land - Got ashore at San Fernando in the PI, and was surprised by how many troops were there (didn't peek/didn't remember) But I doubt I'm in danger. Running in a couple CAs to beat em up and bombarding with my land troops, will probably assault tomorrow when I have more ashore.

In general I am trying to conform mostly to the original HQ attachments if nothin else just some pre-imposed order. Trying to save up some PPs. I know I will be freeing divs from Kwantung, Assigning admirals and re-assigning (perhaps) some air units.

Down like a CLOWN!

Post #: 18
RE: Kelly n Me - 1/12/2020 7:46:19 PM   
RangerJoe

Don't build research factories past 30. Once they are finished building, then they will research.

Another way to look at your aircraft research is to check which engines they use. If a plane has a unique engine and you are ambivalent about the plane, then don't research it. You can research the early Tonys with their unique engine but once the research factories are finished building, you can move them right along to the KI-100 which uses a common engine.

< Message edited by RangerJoe -- 1/12/2020 7:50:11 PM >

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

Post #: 19
RE: Kelly n Me - 1/13/2020 9:14:46 PM   
dasboot1960

Thanks for the input RangerJoe. I'm well into my considerations. But hadn't got to R&D engine considerations. That may call the ball on several types.

Down like a CLOWN!

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 20
RE: Kelly n Me - 1/22/2020 11:45:27 PM   
dasboot1960

Dec 11 is away, and I can see Kelly has learned, and I got a little too bold... it cost me a couple of destroyers down around Mersing. He must know I coming, so I tried to bait him into a surface combat incase he forward deployed ABDAFlot. Two of my DD down due to air. I'm still intending to press the Amphib, it's too decisive a move to ignore. He looks to have about a brigade on beach defence. In the PI, I have an attack going in against forces at San Fernando, expecting success. Things are spooling up in China as my garrison moves free up larger forces and replacements arrive. I wasn't careful enough about surrounding isolated units last time and did too much chasing, trying to herd a little better this time. I'm starting to think maybe use the Wake amphib against Midway, and bring the Guam forces against Wake. I think the latter happened historically after the first bid for Wake failed. I've taken Tabituaea in the Gilberts. I like that location. Some other forward moves are cooking and I'm scraping forces together for Nauru and Ocean. I think I'm going to take some home guard units, or even Kwantung guys and plan for places like Darwin, Perth, Suva etc figuring that he will get some intel, and try to use it to worry him some.

I don't want to be too precise about KB, but I have a feeling there are USN CVs I may be able to catch...Kelly was rash last time, and I think his aggressive button may be just too hard for him to resist. I think he's going for a quick reinforcement at Midway. My initial merchant TFs are getting started now that I have them getting to their start points. The long term conversions are being allocated by type to different yards so I can keep track. I think I will build Shinano, for all it isn't, it is a carrier.

For air, the upsizings continue, for floats and carrier borne. I'm maxing pilots to all air units, all replacements for now. I want to try and build my reserve pool while air opposition is light, and maybe get cheap training in. I won't do this with most carrier borne. Well, not with the big 6 CVs at least. Every eligible pilot goes to TRACOM for later use on better airframes. I'm grinding through Air R&D, also trying to come to grips with engine demand. It seems to me engines definitely need to come first so I can get the bonus on airframe R&d. I have created a spreadsheet to help my thought process.

I'm interested in other's approaches, so I will describe mine. Each turn I watch the replay. Seems like a no brainer, but I have impatient tendencies... occasionally I will take a note or two. I keep a running list of to-do notes. Right now, its a big list, but my previous experience indicates that as we go on it will be shorter. This will become my immediate action list. I also keep a long term list, and have a separate set of notes for air which I hope will help in tracking R&D and training. After I have cleared the hand lists, I review current alerts on tracker (some overlap here), it also helps with new unit arrivals on map, and at assigned destinations for movement. I seem to have most of IntelMonkey running and will try and find what is useful to me there as we go. I then go to the map for remaining tactical/operational moves with a fairly refreshed mind. I eyeball NSY/MSY every day on tracker, and minefields. Once I get my ACM conversions in, minefields will be a lesser concern because I will be pre-supporting any new ones. The NSY/MSY may take monitoring for some time. I always try to scan through my larger ports for finished conversions and ships arriving for repair. I note target or intentions in my TF names and leave hand notes for 'catch TF at' situations. I also do this for multi-stop air transfers. I try to review sub movements daily and take at least one look at the strategic map. Didn't the 'z' shortcut used to show all search patterns on that map? I need to get better about assigning fleet and army commanders. I'm trying to remember that 'esc = back' so I can use both hands. All constructive comments welcome. Jeers, Jibes and tomfoolery will be tolerated.

Down like a CLOWN!

Post #: 21
RE: Kelly n Me - 2/9/2020 6:17:47 PM   
dasboot1960

Just returned 12-14-41.

Air - I'm actually losing in strict air to air. I have gone against Singapore early to cover the landing at Mersing. Kelly has been pretty effective, sinking a couple of ships off Mersing and San Fernando. My split KB caught some transports that I think were headed to Canton/Johnston and Midway. Continuing with air unit re-sizes, alsmost caught up with the ones in Japan, but it is something I will continue with as possible.

Naval - I've had good success with the cordon of the PI. I sunk Houston and caught some transports and tenders trying to get out along the eastern Borneo coast. I lost the 2 AMC that start in SoPac, but haven't caught the carrier(s) that got them. I'm hoping I'll catch one or two if Kelly gets too close to my invasion ops vs Midway, Wake or Canton. KB seems to be holding up ok on sorties, but few torps left, so a little heartburn, but I want to get out to the east early. I'm ashore at Rabaul and Shortlands, and headed for Milne Bay and Lae. Norther Borneo is almost all mine. I got ashore in force at Mersing. I just don't see how the allies stop an early move there.

Land - Pushing from Khota Bahru and at Alor Star. I hope to kick an Aus Bde out of Mersing this turn and then move to cut the N Malaysia forces off from Singapore. Mostly Thai forces with some IJ units heading toward Burma. My main PI forces are on a 2-axis push towards Manila and Clark, Legaspi forces coming up from the south. Davao has fallen and ashore at DelMonte (well, the base nearby) and Cotabato. In China, I'm starting to get active with herding Chinese forces into pockets to destroy.

Down like a CLOWN!

Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> Kelly n Me Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI