Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unit Orders

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Desert War 1940 - 1942 >> Tech Support >> Unit Orders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unit Orders - 12/22/2019 2:02:07 PM   
Okayrun3254

In the planning phase, I set a stacks orders to "withdraw". This unit was attacked in the execution phase, and I noticed in the combat results popup box it showed the defending unit as having "Hold" orders. I am not sure what happened.

I did a test of the same battle twice, both times I gave "withdraw" orders to the defenders stack, and both times the result box showed the defender as "Hold" orders. One result indicated "defender withdraws to reduce casualties", and the second had a note "Defender forced to retreat 1 hex".

< Message edited by Okayrun3254 -- 12/22/2019 3:26:17 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Unit Orders - 12/22/2019 3:54:14 PM   
bcgames

I'll take a look.

(in reply to Okayrun3254)
Post #: 2
RE: Unit Orders - 12/26/2019 1:31:27 AM   
bcgames

Thanks for the report. I was able to replicate this text report several times. I don't think this is a bug per se. I think it has to do with this rule:

"DEFENSIVE ORDERS...Withdraw instead of taking casualties. Higher quality units and/or units with good readiness have a greater chance of withdrawing successfully." -- p.94

St Ruth will need to weigh-in on this but I think what happens is this: If your unit/stack is unable to execute the withdrawal order, it will defend using the default Hold order.

If this is the case, then we need to say so in the manual...along with the parameters involved in the software decision. In addition, the Battle Report should show the actual orders issued by The Player AND the orders actually executed. For example,

Order: Withdraw (Fail/Hold)

or

Order: Withdraw (Success/Withdraw)

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 3
RE: Unit Orders - 1/8/2020 10:21:57 AM   
Saint Ruth

Yep, that's a bug. However the bug is only in the text, so if you have withdraw orders, they will work, but the "Order" incorrectly shows "Hold".
Will fix.

(in reply to Okayrun3254)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Desert War 1940 - 1942 >> Tech Support >> Unit Orders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI