Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Feedback on Triple Alliance Campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Feedback on Triple Alliance Campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Feedback on Triple Alliance Campaign - 12/20/2019 4:41:42 PM   
Chernobyl

It's June 1915 and France has invested ZERO MPPs into research. I loaded as Entente to confirm what the chart was telling me. France hasn't researched a single tech and isn't researching any besides the original 1x Industrial Technology. Britain Russia Serbia USA all invest in tech (I gave them +20% MPP: Britian is currently investing 1390, Russia 1300, USA 300, Serbia 275, France 110).

Second issue: France seems to have no idea that Italy might declare war in this campaign. Italian troops were able to walk right into Lyon on the turn they declared war. I think either this campaign needs some script or ai file to clue France into an Italian front when Italy is getting close to attacking.

General comment: I was able to defeat the AI pretty badly before the Italians joined. I destroyed 75+ land units (mostly French and Russian) and I only lost a single corps. I get the impression that a human France would have been able to stop my attack in the West with better troop placement, more counterattacks against overextended units, and fewer unnecessary failed attacks against my entrenched soldiers. (In particular, the French need to stop sending troops into the 160,86 hex for no reason because I always kill it; I believe I had an adjacent hex that never got entrenched after 9 months of fighting because the unit inside did nothing but kill nearby French soldiers every single turn.)
Apparently France invested ALL of its money into reinforcements, so I may have experienced an extreme number of French soldier replacements that a human playing on fair difficulty would not have access to (no MPP bonus and need to invest in research to not get outclassed in the mid game).

Overall after 40+ hours of playtime it's a fun game and I intend to play more campaigns, possibly with an AI experience bonus. I enjoy the flavor events. Naval combat is weird but kinda cool. Land combat really does feel sometimes like you are about to get overwhelmed by the hordes of Russians, and the game forces you to make tough choices.
Post #: 1
RE: Feedback on Triple Alliance Campaign - 12/20/2019 5:15:40 PM   
BillRunacre

Thanks for the feedback.

It does look as though you've been bleeding their forces preventing them from researching, but we'll have a look and see about making some adjustments, particularly with regard to the defense of southern France.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Chernobyl)
Post #: 2
RE: Feedback on Triple Alliance Campaign - 12/21/2019 11:15:12 AM   
Chernobyl

That's what I thought at first, but I've also destroyed and damaged tons of Russian units (22 Russian corps and 2 detachments destroyed at the start of my May 22 1915 turn) and Russia still invests 1000+ MPP into research.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
RE: Feedback on Triple Alliance Campaign - 12/21/2019 7:00:11 PM   
MarechalJoffre

I can confirm this issue as well. In the games where I took Paris in 1914, France never invested in research. I was under the impression that they were instead spending the MPPs on rebuilding lost corps.

(in reply to Chernobyl)
Post #: 4
RE: Feedback on Triple Alliance Campaign - 12/23/2019 2:17:12 PM   
Hubert Cater

Thanks, I see some potential issues here in the scripts and will make some adjustments to correct/improve this going forward.

(in reply to MarechalJoffre)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Feedback on Triple Alliance Campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI