Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question about support battalions of HQs and Divisons

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Question about support battalions of HQs and Divisons Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about support battalions of HQs and Divisons - 12/20/2019 3:53:10 PM   
Novaliz

I am reading in the manual a lot and also in the forum but I dont understand the connection between support battalions for HQs and Divisions.

II Corps for example has a lot of support battalions. My understanding of the manual is that I am able to assign up to three of these support battalions manual to a division BUT when I want to assign a support battalion to one of its divisions, the list shows support battalions which are not the same from the HQ?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Novaliz -- 12/20/2019 3:57:18 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Question about support battalions of HQs and Divisons - 12/20/2019 4:00:11 PM   
joelmar

First you have to understand the HQ chain. You can always assign down from a higher HQ that is in the chain, even if it's more than 1 level up. So SU's can be assigned to divisions from their own corp HQ, but also from their army HQ, Army Group (or front) and finally High command.

Second, not all SU types can be assigned to divisions directly. Including most artillery.

Third, when a SU has already been assigned in one turn, you can't then reassign it in the same turn. So let's say an SU was assigned to a corp from it's army HQ, that SU can't then be reassigned to a division under the corp HQ before next turn.

All these things explain the differences you see.

"So much trouble in the world!" -Bob

(in reply to Novaliz)
Post #: 2
RE: Question about support battalions of HQs and Divisons - 12/20/2019 4:09:25 PM   
Novaliz

Ok, I found out that they are the same battalions BUT why do they have other names? From the HQ it says for example 600th Stug Battalion but when I want to assign it to a division it says 41 Stug Battalion. Why? When I have assigned the 41 Stug Battalion, the 600th of the HQ is gone and in the division view I can read 600th Stug Battalion. That is confusing.

< Message edited by Novaliz -- 12/20/2019 4:12:38 PM >

(in reply to Novaliz)
Post #: 3
RE: Question about support battalions of HQs and Divisons - 12/20/2019 4:15:21 PM   
joelmar

41 stug batallion is not the units name, but it's type. It's a stug batallion organised on the 1941 stug batallion ToE. Assigned SU's are always listed by name, while the list for assigning SU's is always based on types.

But I agree with you, before you know what corresponds to what, it can become hard to track.

"So much trouble in the world!" -Bob

(in reply to Novaliz)
Post #: 4
RE: Question about support battalions of HQs and Divisons - 12/21/2019 12:09:50 AM   
king171717

Also those SU from Korp HQ can get assign to a battle if in range of 5 hexs. (up to 5 per corp). Thats why u dont need a ton of them in a Korp Hq. Also when your divisions or HQ moves with the SU they can sustain attrition damage. if u move the Korp HQ and perform a hasty attack no SU from HQ will be assign to that combat. Best is to place your korp HQ to 0 and your OKH to 9 so all the SU flow upwards. Then u can assign SU's to the Korps itself.

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 5
RE: Question about support battalions of HQs and Divisons - 12/21/2019 6:55:50 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Novaliz

I am reading in the manual a lot and also in the forum but I dont understand the connection between support battalions for HQs and Divisions.

II Corps for example has a lot of support battalions. My understanding of the manual is that I am able to assign up to three of these support battalions manual to a division BUT when I want to assign a support battalion to one of its divisions, the list shows support battalions which are not the same from the HQ?

What manual are you reading? Try the new manual its got all the patch improvements in it, not including the latest. See section 15.4 on support units in combat.

< Message edited by Chris21wen -- 12/21/2019 7:00:55 AM >

(in reply to Novaliz)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Question about support battalions of HQs and Divisons Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI