Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Multiple Fire Missions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Multiple Fire Missions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiple Fire Missions - 12/18/2019 11:49:29 PM   
ineffable

Its possible to have many of the same type of fire support mission in the same battle eg. 3 x 81mm mission, 5 x 105mm mission, 4 x P38 mission. In each case, the button for the next mission of that type becomes available as soon as the pevious mission is complete. This is done by opening either a custom or default scenario in Notepad and adding however many support missions/types you want each side to have. Time to go tank busting with a squadron of rocket-firing P47s or make the rubble bounce with a dozen 105mm barrages.

For a first-hand experience, unzip the Multiple Fire Missions.txt scenario to your folder for custom scenarios eg. C:\Users\myname\Documents\My Games\CloseCombatTheBloodyFirst\Scenarios

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Multiple Fire Missions - 12/19/2019 12:01:23 AM   
Rosseau

I believe you are the first to share any mods for this game. People must also be making scenarios, as it's so easy. Looks like new campaigns are possible too.

I hereby promote you from Matrix Trooper to Veteran! Would be cool if that could be done. Thanks again.

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 2
RE: Multiple Fire Missions - 12/19/2019 12:28:34 AM   
ineffable

I'm surprised Nomada_Firefox doesnt have an Ardennes '44 mod out by now :)

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 3
Format for Multiple Fire Missions - 12/20/2019 8:26:18 AM   
ineffable

Image below shows a scenario file, opened in Notepad, on the left. On the right is my preliminary workbook spreadsheet with the fire support mission type #s and the scenario file layout text youl'l find commented above all the default scenarios. Highlighted in blue in the scenario are the US and Axis fire support mission specifications. The US has 4x P47 missions (2 2 2 2), 3x 81mm mortar missions (8 8 8), and 3x 8" naval bombardment missions (17 17 17). The Axis has 6x 5" naval bombardment missions (16 16 16 16 16 16), 2x P38 missions, (1 1) and 1x 81mm mortar mission.

The US and Axis fire support missions are interchangeable hence the renegade P38s and traitorous USN DD. Air support and illumination rounds use the same game button so they're mutually exclusive. Cant mix missions of the same type eg. giving the US both a P38 and P47. In this case I recall only one of the two types will happen. Also, cant use the A36.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 4
RE: Format for Multiple Fire Missions - 12/21/2019 1:03:18 AM   
Rosseau

That's what we need is workbook spreadsheets, and looks like you may beat the devs on this. Very helpful. Thank you.

Oh, and your avatar brings back good memories.

< Message edited by Rosseau -- 12/21/2019 1:04:30 AM >

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Multiple Fire Missions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI