Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Christmas Wish

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Christmas Wish Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Christmas Wish - 12/16/2019 12:46:36 PM   
actrade

I'm a new player who bought CMO but never played CMANO. I bought the game and tacview and am enjoying it extensively. I also bought the Shifting Sands DLC. My wish is that Matrix will put the DLC on sale for Christmas. For those of us just coming to the game and already paying $112 for CMO/Tacview, it would be a real treat to be able to buy the DLC on sale! Thanks in advance!
Post #: 1
RE: Christmas Wish - 12/19/2019 7:29:39 PM   
Japo32

Also I hoped, but after black friday ones, that didn't receive any discount I believed that they wouldn't make any sale.
remember, last year, same DLC/standalone were 50% off. They are exactly the same, but just some tweek to make them work in CMO. Even the ones I bought that year, are working without any issue in CMO.
So they are treated as they were totally recent release, which are not. A shame. Will spend my money in other strategy games this christmass.

(in reply to actrade)
Post #: 2
RE: Christmas Wish - 12/19/2019 8:21:16 PM   
thewood1

So the logic is if nothing has changed, we should all get a discount. But economics would say that if its demand, you shouldn't lower the price.

(in reply to Japo32)
Post #: 3
RE: Christmas Wish - 12/20/2019 11:48:42 AM   
Japo32

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

So the logic is if nothing has changed, we should all get a discount. But economics would say that if its demand, you shouldn't lower the price.

I sell products also and I learned long time ago, that you won't make more money because the product is more expensive. If you sell more number of units because lower price, then you are good to go. I know a good bunch of people that would like to try it, but it is very expensive for them.

But talking about success of CMO and demand. Here is the number of people that plays CMO these days. Seems that the graphic tendence of players is going down little by little, with a maximun players of 306 a day. Don't know the statistics of standalone version.

https://steamcharts.com/app/1076160#All

Checking the CMANO one, seems that they succeeded in all-time peak (189) but these numbers are far away from great demand.

https://steamcharts.com/app/321410#All

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 4
RE: Christmas Wish - 12/20/2019 12:27:21 PM   
thewood1

I think you can't judge game like CMNAO on Steam. CMNAO was out for several years before Steam. So there is no point even looking at them to form a basis of opinion. They mean very little, if anything at all.

My point is that demand should drive pricing, not just age of the product. You discount to shift the demand curve. If you are still on the plus side of the demand curve, don't discount. The devs know a lot more about it than we do.

(in reply to Japo32)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Christmas Wish Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI