Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Feature Request] Download all Sentinel-2 Textures for CMO

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Feature Request] Download all Sentinel-2 Textures for CMO Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Feature Request] Download all Sentinel-2 Textures for CMO - 12/14/2019 10:44:47 AM   
xan2622

Hi

I know that there is a link that provides Sentinel-2 Textures for TacView (60 Gb):
http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876

btw, some players seem to have some issues to download all these images from this OneDrive repository:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4730396
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4718074

That is why I hope that you will allow to download all these files thanks to Bittorrent. Creating a .torrent file would help players download all these tiles easily, and then, those who finished downloading the images could let other players download them by seeding. But it's another topic.

But my main question is: Is it possible to use these images for CMO itself? And how?

The link (above) mentions that these images are at a lower resolution than the ones that we can see in CMO (that is how I understand the sentence).
I guess CMO downloads the Sentinel-2 tiles on the fly from a remote server (that's what I've been told).

It seems that the tiles are downloaded into \Command - Modern Operations\WW\Cache\S2Cloudless\
Couldn't we download the whole Sentinel-2 Texture pack (HD resolution) and extract it to the CMO installation folder, in order to complete the cache folder?

I have a fiber internet connection and plenty of free space on my SSD but despite that, it seems that the Sentinel-2 tiles take time to download tiles or to display them.

EDIT: it seems, at first sight, that the (60 Gb) images used by Tacview are not compatible with the ones in the \Cache\S2Cloudless\ folder.
The former are 2048x2048 images while the later are 256x256.
So, to answer my own question: no, it's not possible to use these Tacview Sentinel-2 textures for the CMO cache.

< Message edited by xan2622 -- 12/28/2019 8:03:32 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Download all Sentinel-2 Textures for CMO - 12/27/2019 12:23:24 PM   
xan2622

I wish CMO could feature the bittorrent protocol, as an alternate way to download all map/layers tiles in the background.
There are several libraries available for .Net: https://github.com/search?l=C%23&o=desc&q=net+bittorrent&s=stars&type=Repositories

And once all tiles are downloaded on a player's computer, then, CMO could start seeding the images to other players, in the background.
This way, long time players would help other new players get the map images in the cache folder.

(in reply to xan2622)
Post #: 2
RE: Download all Sentinel-2 Textures for CMO - 12/28/2019 12:55:39 AM   
Rory Noonan

This is a feature request; can you add it to the dedicated feature request thread?

(in reply to xan2622)
Post #: 3
RE: Download all Sentinel-2 Textures for CMO - 12/28/2019 7:55:55 AM   
xan2622

Done.

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Feature Request] Download all Sentinel-2 Textures for CMO Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI