Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

BVR Doctrine == NONE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> BVR Doctrine == NONE Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BVR Doctrine == NONE - 12/13/2019 7:42:46 PM   
Primarchx

Can we get a NONE BVR doctrine (ie the AI takes no action over the given course) when guiding a BVR shot? I just want to make sure there's no AI interference with a/c maneuvering during a BVR engagement if I get a hankering to guide shooting ac myself. Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: BVR Doctrine == NONE - 12/13/2019 7:48:09 PM   
thewood1

Didn't you already ask for that? I thought I saw a post a few weeks ago on exactly that.

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 2
RE: BVR Doctrine == NONE - 12/13/2019 8:43:58 PM   
Primarchx

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Didn't you already ask for that? I thought I saw a post a few weeks ago on exactly that.

Did I? Held off from playing for a while until the first few updates came out. Sorry if it was a repeat!

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: BVR Doctrine == NONE - 12/13/2019 10:43:45 PM   
thewood1

Maybe it wasn't you, but thought it was.

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 4
RE: BVR Doctrine == NONE - 12/13/2019 10:46:29 PM   
Primarchx

I think it was. I remember thinking about it and odds are good I had already posted. Just came back up to the top of the stack as I settled in to play again and I spaced that I did it before. Glad someone is paying attention! :>

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
RE: BVR Doctrine == NONE - 12/14/2019 12:53:52 AM   
LargeDiameterBomb

You did write a post before (I don't blame you though) because I remember concurring with your post because I had had problems in the first scenario I played in CMO with getting illuminating / mid-course updating fighters to crank as I wanted them to. It was when the game was brand new, around two days old, I think.

Later in the discussion I withdrew my concerns regarding the matter because I thought it was working as it used to do in CMANO, meaning doctrine options set to Ignore plotted course when attacking: No and BVR Engagement Logic: Follow missile straight in was giving me control over the aircraft's precise course when illuminating / providing mid-course updates which I found out after playing a few more scenarios with some air to air action in CMO, so I think the conclusion of that thread was that there was no problem.

But I have since experienced fighters cranking by themselves anyway on at least two occasions although it was in the 1115 builds. In 1121.x builds fighters now follow the plotted course when attacking even when BVR Logic is set to: Crank and drag if possible which I have never experienced before.

So now it seems to work as I have always thought that it was intended to be, ie that Ignore plotted course when attacking: No overrides any BVR logic settings.

But since this interaction between Ignore plotted course and different BVR Logic settings seems to be a thing that changes fairly frequently between builds for me I think a BVR Logic: None doctrine setting would be a good idea, although for me it's a very to fairly low priority item on my wish list of minor bugs to iron out. My reasoning behind this is I am not quite sure that the problem is permanently gone since there has been no reference to fixing a problem with this in the change lists for the build updates.

< Message edited by LargeDiameterBomb -- 12/14/2019 12:56:08 AM >

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> BVR Doctrine == NONE Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI