Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Southern Fury, 2010

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> After Action Report >> Southern Fury, 2010 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Southern Fury, 2010 - 12/10/2019 6:36:31 PM   
Eboreg

This is a fairly stark display of just how far down the totem pole the Royal Navy has slipped in the wake of the Cold War. I mean, seriously, it's 2010 and you don't have radars or AMRAAMs on your Harriers? But I digress, this scenario was actually fairly intimidating from the start and the limited resources at your disposal added a very interesting aspect of gameplay as well as a fairly nasty time limit. The Task Forces that are quite a distance from the Falklands are really only there as HVTs to protect and are well out of position to use in any sort of combat so I pretty much had to rely on the Cumberland, aircraft from Mount Pleasant, and my two submarines to do all the work. The scenario ended with Astute pretty much wiping the floor with the amphibious landing force.

However, I wouldn't be posting this if there weren't a few problems with the design. The first one is that the event sending you a message that clears your forces hot is never active which could lead to a lot of confusion for people who don't cheat like me. The second thing is that the event that gives you points for shooting down an Argentine aircraft is not set to repeating for some reason making sure you'll only ever get rewarded for one aircraft shot down. Other than that, it's a great scenario.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> After Action Report >> Southern Fury, 2010 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI