Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Resolved] [PEBKAC] Revert to 1115.8???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Resolved] [PEBKAC] Revert to 1115.8??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Resolved] [PEBKAC] Revert to 1115.8??? - 12/10/2019 6:23:29 PM   
Tom Konczal

I originally loaded 1115.8. Later I upgraded to 1115.9. Yesterday I upgraded to 1121 which is all screwed up with my weapons and side screen.
Can I just overwrite back to 1115.8 or will I mess everything up???
Thanks
Tom Konczal

< Message edited by apache85 -- 12/24/2019 3:48:08 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Revert to 1115.8??? - 12/11/2019 1:32:28 AM   
Tom Konczal

Tech support, please give me some guidance on this.

(in reply to Tom Konczal)
Post #: 2
RE: Revert to 1115.8??? - 12/11/2019 3:22:09 AM   
DWReese

If you want to try this, do so at your own peril.

If you have a copy of the Command.exe file that was associated with version 8.1, then do this: Rename the new version that you just got. So, you could make Command.exe into CommandA.exe. This way, you could go back to it. After it has been renamed, the program won't work until you provide a new Command.exe file. This is where your version 8.1 file comes in. Copy that file into the same directory (folder) and it will now be the new exe file for the game. If the program works as expected, then there was no problem switching it out. If it doesn't work, then delete the copy of the version 8 exe, and then rename your CommandA.exe into Command.exe. That will restore the new exe file and the game should work.

Do this at your own risk. I'm just a game player like you. I don't have any expertise with the file names of what is needed in this game. That being said, what I described is very simple to do.

Now, why do you want to do this? The new version seems to have fixed a bunch, and many of the errors that we have been talking about are relatively benign in nature. I believe that the program is close to being back to the CMANO standards, and CMO even has extra bells and whistles. So, what is it that you think is so screwed up that you want to go back to version 8?

(in reply to Tom Konczal)
Post #: 3
RE: Revert to 1115.8??? - 12/11/2019 1:43:27 PM   
Tom Konczal

Thanks Tech Support. Most of the problems are fixed by 1121.2. I downloaded it and updated. The Weapons display button still doesn’t work in either the unit orders the side screen or the lower bar button. All of them display nothing. However, I can still see the weapons listed on the side screen.

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Resolved] [PEBKAC] Revert to 1115.8??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI