Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Friendly Match: MPHopcroft1 (Axis) vs Ktonos (Allies)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> Friendly Match: MPHopcroft1 (Axis) vs Ktonos (Allies) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Friendly Match: MPHopcroft1 (Axis) vs Ktonos (Allies) - 12/10/2019 3:18:14 PM   
MPHopcroft1

Since we're playing a home-and-home so to speak, I thought I'd start the AAR thread. From my end, the primary objective of the thread is to show off my rookie mistakes. This is also the first time I've published an AAR ion a very long time.

We're playing the Storm over Europe campaign.

Axis turn 1

Poland has been invaded. Large swaths have been cut out of the western part of the country, but the drive in the north has stalled at the border as the Modin Army held its ground and gave the army there a real struggle. East Prussia, as set up, has tac air and fighters but no armor -- I really wish I had one more set of panzers so I could drive south and go around the Modin Army towards Modin proper.

The downside is that I have not sealed any of the pockets I tried to create, mainly because of running out of APs.

I tried to get a head start on the Battle of the Atlantic. I suspect my subs are in a very vulnerable position.

It will be interesting to see how Ktonos responds, and how he runs the same campaign when I get his Axis turn in the reverse game.

This should be a lot of fun, in the getting beat down every morning kind of way.

P.S.: what is the etiquette on screenshots -- is there a way to do one without tipping off your opponent on what you're doing next in a Fog of War game?

< Message edited by MPHopcroft1 -- 12/10/2019 4:53:03 PM >

"Any asset that would cost you the war if lost is no longer an asset, but a liability." -- Me

"No plan survives the battlefield" -- old Army saw.
Post #: 1
RE: Friendly Match: MPHopcroft1 (Axis) vs Kontos (Allies) - 12/10/2019 4:14:03 PM   
BillRunacre

If you know your opponent and can both agree not to look at each other's screenshots, then post them here, though you could make your posts after you've played at least one more turn so that they show nothing crucial.

It's certainly best to crop the images anyway so that they only show key information, and that will make them stand out better too.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to MPHopcroft1)
Post #: 2
RE: Friendly Match: MPHopcroft1 (Axis) vs Ktonos (Allies) - 12/10/2019 4:26:19 PM   
MPHopcroft1

I should also note that I have horrendously misspelled the handle of my opponent. And to make matters worse I keep forgetting how this handle is actually spelled. I hope no offense is taken.

I don't take screenshots very often, so I'm unsure of how it works in Windows...

< Message edited by MPHopcroft1 -- 12/10/2019 4:53:47 PM >

"Any asset that would cost you the war if lost is no longer an asset, but a liability." -- Me

"No plan survives the battlefield" -- old Army saw.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> Friendly Match: MPHopcroft1 (Axis) vs Ktonos (Allies) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI