Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: My short review

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> RE: My short review Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: My short review - 12/6/2019 10:34:32 PM   
MrLongleg

I think I have to defend the game a bit. I play a lot of SC3 WaW against human players and it is a great game. It captures well the Pacific game of cat and mouse between carrier fleets. If you put proper screens up the enemy BB's cannot easily get to the carriers. The overall game pretty much lets you face similar dilemmas a supreme commander in WW2 had to face. I assume that the WW1 game captures this essence too.

MrLongleg

Life is too short to drink bad wine ;-)

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 31
RE: My short review - 12/7/2019 2:49:05 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka
Maybe if ships were not allowed to move after attacking like land units this would help? Seems most people just don't like the in and out.

One potential downside to this is that it would leave the attacker quite vulnerable on the following turn. Land units can also move out after an attack, it comes down to how many APs they have left, and with naval units we halved the remaining AP after any attack to help recognize and compensate for the fact they have significantly more AP than land units.

This helps to address both concerns to a degree, i.e. that an attacking naval unit will not necessarily be left in a vulnerable state on the following turn, while also limiting the in and out.

For a further example, the halved APs after an attack significantly addressed a previous issue where Naval units could zoom in from well outside an area of initial combat and then escape quite a ways away after combat. Now if they are well outside an area of combat, a player has to think a bit more carefully if engaging is worth it as they could very well get stuck in a vulnerable position if they had to expend most of their APs just to engage in the first place.

Gotcha makes sense!

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> RE: My short review Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI