This new 88 mm flak, on the other hand, would have range of 1 against planes. The flak as it is also has range of 1 but it can move 1 hex and attack a plane 1 hex away, so it actually has range of 2 against planes.
That means 2 types of 88 mm flaks.
Flak for ground combat (a new unit)
- 1 action point
- can fire in player's turn
- cannot move closer to a plane and then shoot it, like the current flak has
AD flak (what we have)
- 2 action points
- range 1+1 against planes and only 1 against ground units
- can attack planes but not ground units (only defensive fire against ground units in AI turn)
The problems are
- adding a new unit
- if this unit is in flak class, can a unit have 1 action point when others have 2?
- if t is in antitank class, you cannot take a flak and upgrade to antitank
Anyway, in an operational level game this flak will have limited power and will not be the great tank killer as in Panzer General II or 3D, although a regiment of flaks could do some damage to ground units, mostly bunkers.If you have flaks and artillery you can attack a bunker with your artillery units and finish it with a flak.
In the campaigns as they are, there are two scenarios for it:
- Kiev (the force attacking Kiev could have 2 flaks, one of them could then be the new type)
- this flak could be used in Rostov operation.
< Message edited by AngrySwan -- 12/5/2019 5:57:54 AM >