Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Increase LCU squad production

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Increase LCU squad production Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Increase LCU squad production - 12/4/2019 4:01:00 PM   
Norm49

Is it possible to increase the amount of squad produce on the Japanese side? And how?

Squad like support or SNLF squad?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Increase LCU squad production - 12/4/2019 4:11:06 PM   
GetAssista

Japanese LCU elements are produced from manpower, armament and vehicle points on demand. The speed is defined by replacement arrival restrictions for each particular LCU. So you should be thinking in line of "how to speed up replacement arrival for a particular LCU". And the answer is putting LCU in a large base with lots of supply and support, probably in rest mode too.

(in reply to Norm49)
Post #: 2
RE: Increase LCU squad production - 12/4/2019 9:15:52 PM   
inqistor

Unless it is Scenario, your squads are produced when needed (even where database claims that production is limited, like paratroopers). You just need to be in range of Base with good supply. Every such Base have chance to send device into LCU with shortage.
You also have to turn on replacements, and have enough Armament Points. I doubt you can run out of Manpower.

(in reply to Norm49)
Post #: 3
RE: Increase LCU squad production - 12/4/2019 9:49:20 PM   
Norm49

Ok so you are saying that I should not look at the pool? Even is a specific infantry unit pool is empty it wont relay change anything? So I was looking at it for no reason (I was looking what I had in the pool to chose with unit I was sending in battle to have replacement for them.) I can stoop doing that and the right unit will be produce automatically (assuming I have sufficient resource armament and manpower)

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 4
RE: Increase LCU squad production - 12/5/2019 11:22:16 AM   
inqistor

Exactly, but only for Campaign. For smaller scenarios devices will be produced with time. But if you see 0 for squad production, it will still show up.

Your main worry is sufficient supply in nearby Base. If it is high, you will get replacements even in middle of the jungle.

And don't get scared, when you suddenly see hundred of squads in pool. When needed for replacements, devices are usually produced in large number.

One more thing - beware of your vehicles replacements. You have many old tanks in units, and if you turn upgrades for them, you will burn your whole vehicles pool in one day.

(in reply to Norm49)
Post #: 5
RE: Increase LCU squad production - 12/5/2019 5:49:31 PM   
rustysi

I didn't see it mentioned, so add as much support devices as well. HQ's are good for this function.

quote:

beware of your vehicles replacements. You have many old tanks in units, and if you turn upgrades for them, you will burn your whole vehicles pool in one day.

This is quite true, but support vehicles for HQ's can do the same thing. Its generally accepted that vehicle production should be gradually increased. I 'grow' mine to 240, others somewhat differently, depending on style of play.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 6
RE: Increase LCU squad production - 12/5/2019 7:21:25 PM   
geofflambert

I turn off replacements and upgrades for all units, to begin with. Then I selectively update and fill out units as the need arises. That old equipment will work just fine against the Chinese, so upgrade those last, along with Manchukuo/Korea and the HI. Use the new stuff against the Commonwealth forces. Keep the squeak-squeak-squeak in China.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 7
RE: Increase LCU squad production - 12/5/2019 7:49:23 PM   
ITAKLinus

To be fair, I usually fight extremely intensive land campaigns and I've never had replacement problems. Vehicles, yes, of course.

The rule of thumb is, as said above, a lot of support, big base and many supplies. The industrial side of the story doesn't create problems even with the initial 620xARMAMENTS factories.

I tend to switch them off after I bank 200k.

Vehicles are another beast. The initial production of 60 is totally out of range and I advice increasing it to 150 at least. I'm wild and I have reached even 350 in a PBEM which became a sort of "ostfront in the Pacific war"... 150 is good enough to avoid problems. Bear in mind that most of the tanks you employ in China do not really need upgrades. I tend to upgrade only those which are fighting huge land campaigns against US or commonwealth forces.

In any case, you won't pierce tanks such as Matildas so it's not that important for those fights either.

Francesco

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 8
RE: Increase LCU squad production - 12/5/2019 8:06:27 PM   
rustysi

quote:

The industrial side of the story doesn't create problems even with the initial 620xARMAMENTS factories.

I tend to switch them off after I bank 200k.

I've done the same thing for a while, but by mid-43 I begin to turn them all back on for the end game. There're those here among who say don't shut them off at all.

quote:

most of the tanks you employ in China do not really need upgrades.

This is true, but as you may or may not know a feature has been added that'll convert 'obsolete' tanks into a bit of HI. Just as with aircraft. Is it worth it? Don't know?

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 9
RE: Increase LCU squad production - 12/5/2019 8:58:36 PM   
ITAKLinus

Didn't know about the HI feature. Or didn't remember. Still, if it is like old planes, I prefer the actual stuff instead of HI.

Regarding end game: as far as I remember late war reinforcements amount to roughly 150k ARM points to be filled up. I bank 200k to be on the safe side.

As a principle, I set up a value I consider my ideal stock and then I work around it.

To make it clear: I say for example I want a stock of 100 A6M2-Zero. Then I put a range I find acceptable. Say 20%. When the stock reaches 120 I turn off factories and I reopen them when I am lower than 80.

With armaments I do the same with the range of 200k +/-10-20% (the precise value I pick depends on various other considerations)

I literally run every logistic problem in this way. Also in real life I tend to prefer this approach to stock management over others which are eventually too complex and not fit the purpose of operating in a volatile environment (such as war).

Francesco

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 10
RE: Increase LCU squad production - 12/5/2019 9:26:23 PM   
rustysi

quote:

Regarding end game: as far as I remember late war reinforcements amount to roughly 150k ARM points to be filled up. I bank 200k to be on the safe side.

OK, but I would like to possibly buy back some units. From what I've read here an ID will cost somewhere in the neighborhood of 100k each.

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 11
RE: Increase LCU squad production - 12/5/2019 9:34:37 PM   
adarbrauner

Hey, I think that certain squads are limited to a monthly production, such as SNLF, and paras, even in stock?

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 12
RE: Increase LCU squad production - 12/5/2019 11:18:54 PM   
inqistor

quote:

ORIGINAL: adarbrauner

Hey, I think that certain squads are limited to a monthly production, such as SNLF, and paras, even in stock?

UI claims, that they are limited, but you will see, that they are treated the same, as those with 0. Monthly production can extend far beyond what is shown.

(in reply to adarbrauner)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Increase LCU squad production Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI