Welcome to EIA. Not sure I understand? From the Release Notes:
We strongly recommend the following clean installation process:
1. Save any game save files and other custom files.
2. Uninstall EIANW and REBOOT to clear system memory.
3. Install initial EIANW game files and open game to verify original buttons, fonts, etc.
4. Due to significant game data file changes around v1.06, REBOOT before applying comprehensive patch.
5. Install comprehensive patch and set compatibility mode to Windows XP Service Pack 2 [See Note].
6. Open game to verify updated buttons, fonts, etc. REBOOT if necessary.
7. As needed, install updated .EXE HOTFIX files or other updated files as directed.
NOTE: The game code compiler [CodeGear C++Builder 2007] is only compatible up to Windows XP Service Pack 2. Setting game compatibility to any later operating system such as Vista/Win7/8/10 may introduce stability issues when running the game.
The v1.23.00 beta is the new comprehensive patch and the new v1.23.03 beta has the latest EXE file to copy into the game directory. We also recommend running the game as Administrator.
One of the reasons this is so convoluted is that the original installer is from 2008, so you can't just install and then install the comprehensive patch. Also, it is possible to have multiple installations, one for the latest official version v1.22.02 and another for the recent beta. Good luck.
Empires in Arms Development Team