Alright, here we go again with another update. Maple Leaf reports that the playtest version I sent him is working for two pbem games in progress:
Sim Dip is working..all admin functions are working.. the game is even creating a monthly backup for the administrator which is something it hasn’t done in a very long time.
A couple of players have remarked that this patch is good and making the game enjoyable once again.
So good news for a change! Here is the complete change log so far:
Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.23.03
- Spanish guerrilla attacks causing human pbem players to be swapped with AI - resolved.
- Simultaneous diplomacy freezes (Waiting For MP Turns) with last player (Spain) due to logic errors - resolved.
- Fleets forced to evacuate port not fighting naval blockade battle - resolved.
Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.23.02
- Rebuild code file changes from v1.22.02 through v1.23.01 beta - resolved.
- Supply path not working more than 1 area from depot - resolved.
- View Fleets On Anti-Piracy Missions screen not displaying - resolved.
Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.23.01
- PBEM Admin button not working in 1.23.00 - resolved.
- Unloading unit from fleet not working in 1.23.00 - resolved.
- Placing friendly supply source depots not working in 1.23.00 - resolved.
- Change "Allow Separate Peace" to "Deny Separate Peace" to make separate peace standard unless checked to deny it - resolved.
- Add France and Austria have a royal marriage (peace condition B.5) to setup for 1812 Grand Campaign - resolved.
- Economic Phase not working properly in 1812 Grand Campaign - resolved.
Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.23.00
- 0000100: [UI Enhancement] Better info on Unit Report screen. Show current/max factors – resolved.
- 0000151: [Rules Deviation] Add end-of-game manpower to VP total – resolved, as end-of-game log message.
- 0000245: [UI Enhancement] Sort Unit Report and show depots – closed, leave as is.
- 0000262: [UI Bug] Message wrong when loading fleet – resolved.
- 0000404: [UI Enhancement] Add a horizontal line through the victory point chart – closed.
- 0000425: [UI Enhancement] Game Log Readability – closed, several previous updates have improved game log information.
- 0000511: [Game Enhancement] Allow selection of corps to remove as part condition B1/C1a by name rather than by province – resolved.
- 0000521: [Rules Deviation] Victory Rules not according to original game's intent and make coalitions much harder to maintain – resolved, manpower levels added as end-of-game log messages.
- 0000544: [Game Bug] Loaned Prussian (To Austria) Corps and Leader (Blucher) not usable - closed.
- 0000584: [Rules Deviation] Incorrect interpretation of rule 12.4, failure to leave after the 3-month peace treaty limited access - resolved.
- 0000598: [Game Enhancement] Add column to text report that lists the orders given to each unit and other standing order questions – resolved.
- 0000648: [UI Enhancement] Prisoner information – resolved.
- 0000652: [UI Enhancement] Show current manpower and revenue for other nations when the "show selected nation" button is used – resolved.
- 0000653: [UI Enhancement] Display Prussian saved manpower – resolved.
- 0000695: [Game Bug] Ottoman Corps (Only) cannot be loaned to Great Britain - closed.
- 0000712: [Game Bug] France and Turkey are at Peace but Kushanz Ali is captured by France - closed.
- 0000718: [Game Enhancement] Game should provide warning text box when corps are halted by insurrection corps placement – resolved, also added warnings to set insurrection areas and when insurrection corps ready.
- 0000722: [Game Bug] Feudal units created from non-Turkish countries using the editor have morale of 0 - closed.
- 0000749: [Game Enhancement] Add letter-number codes to list surrender conditions to make it easy to look up – resolved.
- 0000754: [Game Enhancement] VP totals for other powers hard to estimate – resolved.
- 0000765: [Game Enhancement] Naval pursuit arrows are hard to read, use signal flags from Nelson at Trafalgar "engage enemy more closely" instead – resolved, increased font size.
- 0000772: [Game Bug] Naval woes with loaned fleets and corps - resolved.
- 0000800: [UI Enhancement] Second page of buttons in reinforcement phase is not required – closed.
- 0000831: [UI Enhancement] Game Editor Nation Box – closed.
- 0000836: [Game Enhancement] Loaned Unit Behavior – resolved, comprehensive changes made related to loaned corps and fleets (see revised rule 7.6).
- 0000841: [PBEM Bug] Unexplained reclaimed units – closed.
- 0000842: [Game Bug] Fleets leaving blockade box after inconclusive land battle withdrawal – closed.
- 0000843: [Game Bug] Troops teleported home before end of temporary access, even though forced access selected as peace term – closed.
- 0000845: [Rules Deviation] Fleet Maintenance Cost – closed.
- 0000855: [Game Bug] Scenario Editor Later Campaign Issues – resolved.
- 0000856: [Game Bug] Corps being lent by other nations do not show up in Battle – resolved.
- 0000861: [Game Bug] Cossack unit loaned to Austria appears in Austrian army pool after combat loss – closed.
- 0000863: [UI Enhancement] User Preferences, set under Options on the intro screen, seem to attach to the save game files – closed, comments added to PBEM game setup instructions.
- 0000868: [Rules Deviation] Reparations surrender condition should be either single or double payment - resolved.
- Add Bernadotte as Swedish leader - resolved (see new rule 13.8.9).
- Allow loaned units to use home nation depots and allied units to use allied depots, where controlling player pays supply costs - resolved.
With the recent game-stopping bugs resolved (hopefully), players can get back to enjoying the game and checking out all of the various improvements listed above. As before, please have a clean installation of the game with the comprehensive v1.23.00 Beta update, and then copy the v1.23.03 Beta EXE file into the game directory (it is the game executable and not an installer executable).
NOTE: There is an AI combat issue that locks up the game during the AI land combat phase (mostly with the 1812 scenario and larger stack battles) that I am investigating and trying to resolve. There are also a few other AI issues that I want to resolve, like Napoleon not being aggressive at all in the 1812 setup. This will be the focus of the next v1.23.04 Beta as we proceed toward a stable version for an official update comprehensive patch. Thank you for your patience.
< Message edited by pzgndr -- 12/3/2019 10:01:43 PM >
Empires in Arms Development Team