I report you my initial post on Anachro's AAR. Since I don't give any sensitive information, I can post it here as well:
I think there might be a heavy basic mistake in the assessment of Japanese industrial capacity in this MOD.
A couple of months ago I was giving advice to an Italian player on the Italian forum who had troubles in grasping Japanese economy.
Now, he was in April 42 (first week of it) playing BTS-Heavy. I guess something changes from Lite but the description given in the website is the same regarding economy.
Well. In the website it's stated that there are "far less initial stocks". It's somehow a lie.
I don't use tracker and I play only Scen1. In my last two games as Japan, I begun to do standardized monthly checks on Excel. I have them for each month, registering stocks, production, gain/loss over last month, gain/loss over 7th dec and changes in percentage.
I compared them with the guy's industrial screens.
Please note that he conquered the historical perimeter plus useless Pacific islands, plus Aleutinans. No industrial base from those conquests. He got stuck in China conquering just the plains between Hankow and Nanyang.
He has taken many oilfields badly damaged as far as I have understood (and seen from industrial screen).
Little to none HI expansion.
What I did understand analysing his industrial screens is that:
- Japan begins with 3-400k less fuel in the initial stock
- There are way more HI/LI/OIL in Japanese hands
- Supplies are the same
To make a comparison of the magnitude of the "more HI" thing. I compared the data of guy's game to mine of my 2 Japanese PBEMs.
- Conquering the WHOLE India (bar Karachi), plus China, netted me roughly the same amount of his HIs. (16.000)
- Conquering EVERY oilfield basically intact (bar Miri which starts with 150 damage) and repairing Miri netted me roughly 31.500-32.000 OIL production [from the industrial screen]. He got MORE than 32.000 without China, India, Miri repaired and with many oilfields trashed. Potential production, including "disabled" was well above 38.000.
- Conquering the WHOLE Australia (bar Sidney and Tasmania) netted me way less HI. Don't make me speak about LI and OIL because I would simply start crying in a corner.
- Running the whole freaking IJN boosted by dozzilions of ships for 30 days per months, apparently, still makes possible to have a nice positive FUEL production. I am in red whenever I decide to run continuous operations. My rule of thumb after I complete my intended strategic goals is to have the whole surface fleet disbanded 20 days per month at minimum and the KB disbanded 15 days per month at minimum. He didn't even optimised cargo classes. And he was gaining A LOT of fuel (+ 15.000 accordingly to his tracker. Dunno what that amount means since I don't use tracker).
Now, it's true that more HIs, more pilots and more ships imply a much higher fuel consumption. But I haven't seen that in his game.
It's true that I have done very tough fights in both the PBEMs for which I recorded economical info. But I had also conquered a lot.
It's true that this is a fantasy MOD while I'm a "scen1 purist". But, at least in his case, the entire "much lower initial stock" thing is a plain lie.
I might be completely wrong under every possible point of view, since the guy was playing BTS-H, but I am fairly sure of what I say about it. I mean, he posted his economy so there isn't much to doubt about.
As you can see, nobody, for sure not me, has ever attacked you. Or your MOD. Or whatever. Simply, I stated that saying that Japanese economy has far reduced initial stocks and it's in a dire situation, it's a lie. You don't want to call it a "lie", finding the term offensive? Fair enough. Call it "a huge misrepresentation". Or whatever you prefer. But tell the truth on the website and to everyone.
Regarding the "attack" made in my above post.
It's quite straightforward from my point of view. Either you say you haven't realised that you had wonderful industrial capacity or you realised that and you didn't say a word. There are no other possible options, to be honest.
You adopted the "I didn't know" line of defence. Again, fair enough. I simply find quite difficoult to believe that you haven't realised that for over 600 turns just against Anachro, but it's ok. Since, again, I have nothing against you or the MOD per-se, my point is not attacking you or demonstrating something specifically aimed against you. My aim is to simply support all those people who started a game with a completely different idea regarding Japanese economy and, to do so, inform potential players of what the reality actually is.
Therefore, I am personally quite dubious about the fact that you haven't realised it, but, finally, I am not interested at all in demonstrating you did, or going against you as an individual. Let's take for granted that you have never checked your oil/fuel/supplies stocks. Let's take for granted that you haven't posed yourself a single question regarding the fact you are able to support an incredibly expanded industrial base and sail around with Japanese huge fleet, while it's notorious it's not that feasible even with many many less capital ships and industrial base in stock game. Let's take for granted you know so little about Japanese economy that you haven't ever noticed different oil production levels for many bases around the map.
Also, differently from what people such as durnedwolf might have read and understood, I have never questioned the MOD per-se. As far as I am concerned, you can even put flying Yamatos and, if the other player knows and agrees, play with flying BBs and have fun with the game.
I am not interested at all in each of these elements. Others might be, I am not.
Instead, I am interested in having the industrial issue solved and precisely described in MOD's website for all those players who got somehow entangled in the MOD with very, very different expectations. Somebody who is less than a stellar player can only have troubles in fighting Japan exactly because of that. Anachro, being a wonderful player, is keeping his positions and fighting back really well, but he's among the very, very few blessed players able to fight in whatever conditions. He's not the average. Far from it.
I hope I have clarified my position.
< Message edited by ITAKLinus -- 12/12/2019 9:07:27 AM >