Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

This is Surprisingly Good

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> This is Surprisingly Good Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
This is Surprisingly Good - 12/1/2019 3:29:21 PM   
sfbaytf

I bought this a few years ago and it pretty much sat un-played. I decided to re-install and try it out after all this time and find it to be surprisingly good. It took a couple of hours watching youtube video and then trying the tutorial before jumping in, but now that I have and played a few games I can see why this is so well received.

As for the time period I'm not too into the cold war. I used to be back in the 80's and 90's and still have a bunch of old Strategy and Tactics magazines. I used to play games like Boots and Saddles and this is a pretty faithful recreation of those sorts of games.

I'd like to see a Middle East version and most of all a modern version that covers the current Eastern European Theater, Korea and a potential US-China conflict. I'm sure you've already been asked if that's in the pipeline.

Anyway You now have a new customer who will purchase the next release.
Post #: 1
RE: This is Surprisingly Good - 12/1/2019 3:45:05 PM   
CapnDarwin

Glad to hear you like it. We are hard at work on the new Cold War game engine that will start off with Southern Storm. It is an across the board rebuild of the UI and game mechanics and the addition of a number of user requested features.

Work on Southern Storm continues as we squish bugs and work on features.

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to sfbaytf)
Post #: 2
RE: This is Surprisingly Good - 12/1/2019 4:19:38 PM   
sfbaytf

quote:

ORIGINAL: CapnDarwin

Glad to hear you like it. We are hard at work on the new Cold War game engine that will start off with Southern Storm. It is an across the board rebuild of the UI and game mechanics and the addition of a number of user requested features.

Good to hear the UI is getting a re work. If there is something that is a bit off its them way the map scales on my ultrawide monitor running at high resolution. The map won't center. Its skewed to the left of the monitor and as I increase the scale it widens to the right. It's something that I had to get used to.

I also use a second monitor so it if would be possible to move some items to a second or third monitor, that would be welcome.

Will the new UI tweaks and other improvements to Southern Front be made available to the current Flashpoint Campaigns?

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
RE: This is Surprisingly Good - 12/1/2019 6:21:37 PM   
CapnDarwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: sfbaytf

quote:

ORIGINAL: CapnDarwin

Glad to hear you like it. We are hard at work on the new Cold War game engine that will start off with Southern Storm. It is an across the board rebuild of the UI and game mechanics and the addition of a number of user-requested features.

Good to hear the UI is getting a rework. If there is something that is a bit off it's the way the map scales on my ultrawide monitor running at high resolution. The map won't center. It's skewed to the left of the monitor and as I increase the scale it widens to the right. It's something that I had to get used to.

I also use a second monitor so it if would be possible to move some items to a second or third monitor, that would be welcome.

Will the new UI tweaks and other improvements to Southern Front be made available to the current Flashpoint Campaigns?

Red Storm is on its own codebase and is no longer supportable with the switch we did to a 64bit codebase for the new game engine and the games going forward. We plan to circle back and rebuild the Red Storm and Germany Reforged content in a new Central Storm DLC at some point after the release of Southern Storm and the Northern Storm DLC. We had hoped to be compatible but too many changes going from 32bit to 64bit and also a number of changes in the maps and data files make it impossible to do that. The plus side is we will be better able to expand going forward in a better position.

Work on Southern Storm continues as we squish bugs and work on features.

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to sfbaytf)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> This is Surprisingly Good Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI