Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Common Sprites

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Common Sprites Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Common Sprites - 12/1/2019 2:34:26 AM   
Jace11

Bought the game in the sale, enjoying it. I did a quick batch process of the unit sprites to remove the white outlines around the vehicles on counters. Small and simple little mod (converted them to 32bit .bmp, used the original sprite as an alpha instead and bypassed the in-game alpha with a coloured pixel top left). I think you have to import them into individual scenarios to get them to work.

Back up your Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm\Modules\FPRS\Data\Common first, then copy to that location, then install to that location.

Edit: I had to update the sprites... I found that the new PACT forces sprites would show when updating underlying scenario data, but after saving, they wouldn't show in a scenario. Stumped as to why but figured it was the mirroring left to right that PACT counters have so put a second coloured pixel in the top right. This fixed it. I guess the in-game alpha check must occur after flipping the sprite then?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Jace11 -- 12/1/2019 4:16:32 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Common Sprites - 12/1/2019 6:25:03 PM   
CapnDarwin

I'm fairly sure we look at the transparency before flipping the Red Sils, but I will have to check with the others. In the new game engine, the sils are bigger and we are working to not have a halo on them as well. Many changes and improvements coming.

< Message edited by CapnDarwin -- 12/1/2019 6:26:00 PM >

Work on Southern Storm continues as we squish bugs and work on features.

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Jace11)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Common Sprites Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI