Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Allied Pacific Resources - Persian Gulf

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Allied Pacific Resources - Persian Gulf Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allied Pacific Resources - Persian Gulf - 11/29/2019 9:55:00 PM   
Steam4me

In version 3 I cannot invade and capture the allied pacific resources in the persian gulf. I could use this tactic in the previous version. The beach is now missing. Is this by design or an error? If it's by design then why bother having it there? Or do I need to wait until the USA enters the war? I'm sure this wasn't the case in the previous version. Same goes for the Atlantic resources, but they are too far away to have a go at anyway.

BTW I prefer to play as Axis but I think the game is too heavily skewed in favour of the allies. After the events at Dunkirk and the loss of british equipment the Germans had a huge advantage with land and air forces. I cannot replicate Dunkirk and have to slog through France. I can land troops near Plymouth but sustaining supply is difficult. Allied air power is too strong early war. The partisans really do need sorting out to make it at least equal play for those who prefer to play as Axis. It's not all about the allies surely? I've even had the allies invade Normandy in 1942.

C'mon give the axis a chance :)

John
Post #: 1
RE: Allied Pacific Resources - Persian Gulf - 11/29/2019 10:24:50 PM   
Essro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steam4me

In version 3 I cannot invade and capture the allied pacific resources in the persian gulf. I could use this tactic in the previous version. The beach is now missing. Is this by design or an error? If it's by design then why bother having it there? Or do I need to wait until the USA enters the war? I'm sure this wasn't the case in the previous version. Same goes for the Atlantic resources, but they are too far away to have a go at anyway.

BTW I prefer to play as Axis but I think the game is too heavily skewed in favour of the allies. After the events at Dunkirk and the loss of british equipment the Germans had a huge advantage with land and air forces. I cannot replicate Dunkirk and have to slog through France. I can land troops near Plymouth but sustaining supply is difficult. Allied air power is too strong early war. The partisans really do need sorting out to make it at least equal play for those who prefer to play as Axis. It's not all about the allies surely? I've even had the allies invade Normandy in 1942.

C'mon give the axis a chance :)

John

Amphibious invasion of the Persian Gulf by Axis forces?

Successfully conducting a cross channel invasion into the UK?

Complaining about the lack of ability to successfully invade South America with Axis forces?

Everything you have said suggests the is Axis OP if anything.

Are you kidding me? lol

(in reply to Steam4me)
Post #: 2
RE: Allied Pacific Resources - Persian Gulf - 11/29/2019 10:51:43 PM   
Steam4me

Hi Essro,

What I am asking is, is Persian Gulf change by design or an error? If it's by design then fine, but why have it there if it can't be attacked?

Cross channel invasion? Why not? If Goering had played it different it may have happened.

South America... Naa. Hahahaha.

:)

(in reply to Essro)
Post #: 3
RE: Allied Pacific Resources - Persian Gulf - 11/29/2019 10:55:47 PM   
Cohen_slith

The Persian Gulf business I hope it is intended. It seemed iffy that was invadeable in previous versions. Especially as these resources are a bundle scattered over way more than 4-5 hexes.
Axis should not be able to invade oversea possessions of the Allies (UK obviously they may if the Allied player sleeps on his feet)

France atm is a WW1 business - and you are correct otherwise in general presently the game is badly shifted to favor Allies (or at least, that is my personal opinion).
Soviet Front too post '41 will be WW1 business.

< Message edited by Cohen_slith -- 11/29/2019 10:57:17 PM >

(in reply to Steam4me)
Post #: 4
RE: Allied Pacific Resources - Persian Gulf - 11/29/2019 11:31:45 PM   
Sieben

Mr. Sousa,

Please hold course to you vision of what this game should be. One poster says this side is too strong, another says this side has to much tech, the partisan/submarine/bomber mechanics don't suit my play style. I've seen more than one potential simulation reduced, patch by patch, to PBEM games because the designers heeded just these kinds of complaints. Why does anyone imagine the Axis and Allies had equal chances to win WWII?

You've been resolute about not changing the game because someone, or several someones, couldn't figure out how to play it. Hang in there. I just bought it and hope to learn from it, as well as have fun.

< Message edited by Sieben -- 11/29/2019 11:34:53 PM >

I support the Averasboro Battlefield Commission
Preserving the Past for the Future

(in reply to Cohen_slith)
Post #: 5
RE: Allied Pacific Resources - Persian Gulf - 11/30/2019 4:01:20 AM   
AlvaroSousa

I try to be careful about changes and consult my group of elders for pearls of wisdom.

The South Pacific and South American resources are NOT supposed to be invadable. They are basically off map production.

Games worked on

Designer of the Strategic Command 2 products
- Brute Force (mod)
- Assault on Communism
- Assault on Democracy

Designer of the Strategic Command 3 products
- Map Image Importer

(in reply to Sieben)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Allied Pacific Resources - Persian Gulf Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI