Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Any issues with updating 1.7.11.24 to 11.26a?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Any issues with updating 1.7.11.24 to 11.26a? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Any issues with updating 1.7.11.24 to 11.26a? - 12/1/2019 1:44:28 AM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

Alfred recently posted something on this question:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

No.

You are falling for the constant misrepresentation that the last beta is very different from the last official uptake.  That position is just plain wrong.  Everything which ever first appeared in a beta has been incorporated in each successive comprehensive official patch.

Alfred

Assuming that's true, it's unfortunate that no one from Matrix has given us a conclusive statement that 1126b is not required. Seeing as new player support has largely been left to the player community, that would have been helpful.

Until late spring 2019 I was playing version 1124 - at the time considered the last "official patch" from definite statements on this forum by Michael M or W Olson. When I had to replace my hard drive I reloaded the original game, patched to 1124 and then to 1126a. I can tell you that there are lots of difference between the two, just looking at the information in various screens. I also noticed that something I saw when capturing a base unopposed and without combat changed. In 1124, I got all the industry intact, even stuff I couldn't use like aircraft plants and armament factories. In 1126a, that does not happen - industry always takes a partial hit from changing sides and you don't get the industries you can't use.

Unless the 1126a and 1126b features were put into 1124 during the summer, Alfred's statement is confusing to me because I am seeing differences.

As for the game version IDs that vexed Trugrit on the purchase/download part of the Matrix site, I have always assumed those to be the work of their sales clerk/web clerk who was confused by the whole numbering system and no one in the know really set them straight.

Just so we're clear, v1126a IS a "comprehensive official patch". Emphasis on the word "patch". So Alfred's terminology is a perfect description of this:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 31
RE: Any issues with updating 1.7.11.24 to 11.26a? - 12/1/2019 2:32:44 AM   
Ian R

And for clarity, version 1124 patch is not available for download anymore.

"You may find that having is not so nearly pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
- Cdr Spock

Ian R

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 32
RE: Any issues with updating 1.7.11.24 to 11.26a? - 12/1/2019 10:16:23 AM   
Trugrit

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

Alfred recently posted something on this question:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

No.

You are falling for the constant misrepresentation that the last beta is very different from the last official uptake.  That position is just plain wrong.  Everything which ever first appeared in a beta has been incorporated in each successive comprehensive official patch.

Alfred

Assuming that's true, it's unfortunate that no one from Matrix has given us a conclusive statement that 1126b is not required. Seeing as new player support has largely been left to the player community, that would have been helpful.

Until late spring 2019 I was playing version 1124 - at the time considered the last "official patch" from definite statements on this forum by Michael M or W Olson. When I had to replace my hard drive I reloaded the original game, patched to 1124 and then to 1126a. I can tell you that there are lots of difference between the two, just looking at the information in various screens. I also noticed that something I saw when capturing a base unopposed and without combat changed. In 1124, I got all the industry intact, even stuff I couldn't use like aircraft plants and armament factories. In 1126a, that does not happen - industry always takes a partial hit from changing sides and you don't get the industries you can't use.

Unless the 1126a and 1126b features were put into 1124 during the summer, Alfred's statement is confusing to me because I am seeing differences.

As for the game version IDs that vexed Trugrit on the purchase/download part of the Matrix site, I have always assumed those to be the work of their sales clerk/web clerk who was confused by the whole numbering system and no one in the know really set them straight.

Just so we're clear, v1126a IS a "comprehensive official patch". Emphasis on the word "patch". So Alfred's terminology is a perfect description of this:

Yep,

We are clear that 1126a, that you can download from the product page, is the latest official patch.

Alfred's terminology is correct.

That does not change the fact that the 1126b is the latest Beta.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Any issues with updating 1.7.11.24 to 11.26a? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI