Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition - 11/26/2019 9:40:15 PM   
canuckgamer

I am thinking of buying this game during the Xmas sale but I noticed that it indicated a resolution of 1024 X 768 in either full or windowed mode. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to play this game at 1920 X 1080 resolution?

I also noticed that thee is a thread in the forum about PBEM but the posts date from 2004 to 2008. Has the PBEM procedure been updated? In the product write up it says "traditional PBEM". Does this mean you send an email to your opponent with a file attached or as an option, put the file in a Dropbox folder?

Any comments or replies would be greatly appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition - 11/26/2019 11:14:39 PM   
Ian R

Yes.

The game runs from a desk-top shortcut.

Recent patches included various switches that are inserted in the target line of the shortcut to run it in windows 10.

There are switches that instruct it to run in full screen or windowed mode (-f and -w).

There are also switches that enable you to force it to use a window size above 1024 X 768.

I have a 1920/1080 monitor, but run the game in a window slightly smaller than full screen, using the switches "-pxf1872-pyf1053"

See this link in the AE forum: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4715437

< Message edited by Ian R -- 11/26/2019 11:15:55 PM >

"You may find that having is not so nearly pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
- Cdr Spock

Ian R

(in reply to canuckgamer)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI