Yes, I was fortunate to attend a live performance of The Four Seasons at DSO ...
an amazing fiddle player did the solos.
I don't remember her name, but I do recall, saying to my guest
(while a second fiddle was "warming up" for the concert")
"Kind of LATE to be practicing that part, don't ya think?"
Also, at first, I was like ... why the link to Somolon Grundy?
Then it dawned on me. Grundy is my maternal Grandmother's maiden name LoL
ANYWAY, yes, it is a minor issue, but the whole "do you want to pword this game"
might be a bit confusing to people new to TOAW and the Slitherine "server" "on-line" thing.
FOR EXAMPLE: I noticed the other day a "passworded" game lingering there waiting for opponent,
so I emailed the "host" asking if I could join, if he wanted to play me in that (I had to scour these forums for his email)
He replied, "nah, is a game set up for my friend ...." That's cool. It still abides.
BUT, I then created a "mirror" game, WITHOUT a password, hoping that he might bite ....
instead, I got a Sand Bass, within not more than an hour ... GAME STARTED.
So, my takeaway from all that was,
(1) how to start a game "on line" and the "password" bit is totally confusing for new players
(2) there should be an EASY way to contact folks who DO "password" the game, maybe some sort of "contact this challenger" pouch;
(3) from another thread, there is confusion as to what to do when a player inadvertently "saves" the game, thus converting it to PBEM "regular"
(4) Mr. Cross's suggestion to just "replay" in that case via the server, is not supported that I can see
(5) and, of course, the TOTALLY FRUSTRATING "non mechanic" for last moves [scenario endings] whereby the "server" SHOULD automatically email that last PBL file to BOTH players, instead of saying, "YOU CAN REPLAY THE LAST MOVE etc. etc." which is completely untrue.
I see now why you say that whole system is held together only with duct tape and spit.
Did anyone even BETA that "on line" PBEM thing? As it stands, it really is in need of SERIOUS work.
Also, I have started to read through that JSON file, and there seems to be some "features" that have never borne fruit ... e.g., what is the "AWARDS" field in there, were we supposed to get medals at some point? Still reading through all JSON file, but I did notice "AWARDS" ... do we get awards? Or was that set aside at some point?
Curious. Okay, well, have a great day!
< Message edited by Hellen_slith -- 12/4/2019 7:17:00 PM >