Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED B1115.9] Group speed issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED B1115.9] Group speed issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED B1115.9] Group speed issue - 11/25/2019 2:19:03 AM   
mavfin

Using the first intercept scenario in the tutorials (Flight Tutorial 4 - AAW 2 - Realistic Detection and Intercept), I made an intercept mission for a pair of fighters.

It launched pretty quickly, since there was already an auto-detected hostile UAV in the air.

Of course, they launch and climb on burner, so I backed it off to Military to conserve fuel. In Group mode, I found it in a minute or two that only the plane designated LEAD got the speed change. I had to select the other one individually for it to slow down, and it was way ahead of the other.

Don't have a save this time, but it's easy to duplicate.

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 11/25/2019 12:46:11 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Group speed issue - 11/25/2019 7:12:00 AM   
DWReese

In Group mode, I found it in a minute or two that only the plane designated LEAD got the speed change. I had to select the other one individually for it to slow down, and it was way ahead of the other.

This has been driving me nuts. If you watch it for a longer period of time, one plane will end up with about half of the fuel of the other. When you switch to the individual unit screen, the two units (planes) are separated by miles because they haven't been traveling at the same speed. Finally, they always need to RTB before their mission is complete because of fuel. I mentioned this many times. It's a real issue.

(in reply to mavfin)
Post #: 2
RE: Group speed issue - 11/25/2019 7:40:04 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: mavfin

Using the first intercept scenario in the tutorials (Flight Tutorial 4 - AAW 2 - Realistic Detection and Intercept), I made an intercept mission for a pair of fighters.

It launched pretty quickly, since there was already an auto-detected hostile UAV in the air.

Of course, they launch and climb on burner, so I backed it off to Military to conserve fuel. In Group mode, I found it in a minute or two that only the plane designated LEAD got the speed change. I had to select the other one individually for it to slow down, and it was way ahead of the other.

Don't have a save this time, but it's easy to duplicate.

I _think_ we fixed this on the next update, please confirm when this is released later today.

(in reply to mavfin)
Post #: 3
RE: Group speed issue - 11/25/2019 1:03:30 PM   
DWReese

Removed

< Message edited by DWReese -- 11/25/2019 1:18:38 PM >

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED B1115.9] Group speed issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI