Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Pacific, Heroes and Leaders mod Expansion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> RE: Pacific, Heroes and Leaders mod Expansion Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Pacific, Heroes and Leaders mod Expansion - 7/26/2020 6:26:36 PM   
asl3d

Type 1 Chi-He

Part II

Type 1 was slightly larger than the Type 97 and was equipped with a thicker frontal shielding,assembled by weldings and either by rivets. It was propelled by a diesel engine Mitsubishi Type 100 developing 240 hp in order to compensate the increase in the shielding and thus in the weight. Type 1 was armed with a gun of 47 mm Type 1 with high velocity, equipped of a barrel of 2.25 m and an initial muzzle velocity of 810 m/s. This swiftness got for Type 1 a capacity of penetration of shielding of 55 mm to more than 100 m and of 30 mm to more than 1000 m, which represented more of the double of the performances of the short gun of the Type 97 Chi-ha. In spite of these improvements, Type 1 of 47 mm was always ineffective against the Allied shieldings in 1941.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by asl3d -- 7/26/2020 6:27:04 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 31
RE: Pacific, Heroes and Leaders mod Expansion - 7/27/2020 6:41:25 PM   
asl3d

Type 1 Chi-He

Part III

The gun took place in a triplace turret lately conceived which provided space for the integration of a loader. Let us note that this turret also equipped the Type 97 Shinhoto (new turret) Chi-ha and the Type 3 Ka-Chi Amphibian.
Although higher than the Type 97 Chi-ha and also than the Type 97 Shinhoto Chi-ha, Type 1 Chi-He remained well in low of the capacities of protection and destruction of the standard American medium tank, M4 Sherman.
An anti-aircraft version, Type 1 Ta-Ha, equipped with a gun of 37 mm anti-aircraft in the place of the gun of 47 mm was designed but never started production.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 32
RE: Pacific, Heroes and Leaders mod Expansion - 7/28/2020 6:26:47 PM   
asl3d

Type 2 Ho-I

Part I

The infantry support tank Type 2 Ho-I was developed on the basis of Type 1 Chi-He. In fact it was more one self-propelled gun for the close combat that a traditional battle tank. It was to also to assist the Type 97 Chi-ha vis-a-vis the allied armored tanks. After a first attempt to adapt the 75 mm Type 41 of mountain on the chassis of the Type 97 Chi-Ha. However in April 1941, the choice was related to the 75 mm Type 99 for tanks. When the Japanese started to meet on the battle fields of the Pacific and Asia as from 1942, the American tanks M4 Sherman and M3 Stuart, they had anything comparable to oppose to them. It was thus decided to widen the field of actions of Ho-I to the anti-tank missions by providing piercing projectiles to the 75 mm Type 99.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by asl3d -- 7/28/2020 6:27:12 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 33
RE: Pacific, Heroes and Leaders mod Expansion - 7/29/2020 6:06:29 PM   
asl3d

Type 2 Ho-I

Part II

In addition to the 75 mm Type 99 in turret, Ho-Hi was also armed with a machine-gun of 7.7 mm Type 97 on the hull. The turret was entirely swivelling what allowed to use of Type 2 Ho-I as traditional battle tank also. With if not, the chassis was that designed for Type 1 Chi-He. Because of problems of delivery of material (because of the bombardments), the production of Ho-I was limited to 30 specimens and at the end of 1944, the program was cancelled. All Ho-Is were retained in archipelago to defend the nation against a future American invasion. They were never used into the combat.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 34
RE: Pacific, Heroes and Leaders mod Expansion - 7/30/2020 5:48:45 PM   
asl3d

Type 3 Chi-Nu

Part I

The medium tank Type 3 Chi-Nu was especially designed to thwart M4 Sherman American. The Technical Office worked already on another medium tank, the Type 4 Chi-To with a same aim but the delays and the problems in the development required the development of a simpler solution and more rapid to be realized. The development of Chi-Nu started in May 1943 and was finalized in October of the same year. The little interest of Japanese staffs for the tanks delayed the setting in production until in 1944. Moreover American bombardments caused great shortages on equipment and materials supply.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by asl3d -- 7/30/2020 5:49:13 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 35
RE: Pacific, Heroes and Leaders mod Expansion - 7/31/2020 7:57:37 PM   
asl3d

Type 3 Chi-Nu

Part II

The Chi-Nu was produced at 166 specimens in 1944-1945. The Chi-Nu one was the last tank brought into service by the Japanese army. The Chi-Nu used the same hull that Chi-He but was equipped with a new three-seater turret accomodating the gun of 75 mm Type 3 L/38.4 (2.88 m long barrel). This gun had an initial muzzle velocity of 680 m/s and a capacity of penetration of 90 mm to more than 100 m and of 65 m to more than 1000 m. This gun was developed starting from the gun of 75 mm Type 90 based on the French mountain gun of 75 mm Schneider 1919. Type 3 remained in Japanese archipelago to push back American invasion projected in 1945. They were versed in 6 regiments (the 3rd and 4th armored division) on Kyushu and Honshu. Japan capitulated before American terrestrial invasion and thus, the Type 3 Chi-Nu was never used into the combat.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by asl3d -- 7/31/2020 7:58:16 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 36
RE: Pacific, Heroes and Leaders mod Expansion - 8/1/2020 8:47:09 PM   
asl3d

Type 4 Chi-To

Part I

The development of the medium tank Type 4 Chi-To began in 1942, when it was obvious that the Type 97 Chi-ha was not size to face to American M4 Sherman. As for the majority of the projects of tanks that of Type 4 suffered from the lack of interest of Japanese staff and the development did not start really before the beginning of 1944. For this project the new German tanks as the Panther were studied and German consultants were brought to Japan to take part in the project. The first prototype was finalized in 1944, at one time or the shortages and the delays were legions in the Japanese industry because of the American bombardments. However the plans of production envisaged a rate of 25 tanks per month in two establishments by Mitsubishi. In 1945, only 6 chassis could be supplemented.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 37
RE: Pacific, Heroes and Leaders mod Expansion - 8/2/2020 6:24:52 PM   
asl3d

Type 4 Chi-To

Part II

Chi-To weighed approximately 30 tons, which was enormous for a Japanese tank, mainly because of the increase to 75 mm of the frontal shielding. Broader and more length that the chassis of the Type 97, that of Type 4 accomodated one 7th wheel placed in 5th position. Type 4 was the Japanese version of the German Panther. Principal armament was consisted of the gun of 75 mm Type 4 developed starting from the 75 mm Type 88 anti-aircraft (itself a copy of a Vickers AA gun of the Twenties). The gun was mounted in a broad hexagonal turret equipped with a coaxial machine-gun. Another machine-gun was installed on the hull. A third machine-gun could be installed on the roof of the turret for the anti-aircraft defence. Only 2 tanks could be supplemented before the end of the war and both remained in the country to counter the invasion of Japan by the Americans. The Japanese decision makers plugged by their last illusions imagined the creation of broad armored divisions made up of Type 4 Chi-To which would drive back the Americans to the sea. The invasion was not necessary and none of the two finalized tanks fired the least shell.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by asl3d -- 8/2/2020 6:25:18 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 38
RE: Pacific, Heroes and Leaders mod Expansion - 8/3/2020 6:33:23 PM   
asl3d

Type 5 Chi-Ri

Part I

The medium tank Type 5 Chi-Ri was completed that a only one specimen in May 1945. The project was finally abandoned with the profit of the Type 4 Chi-To smaller and easier to produce. As for this last the development of Type 5 was very slow because of the shortages in Japanese industry ravaged by the American bombardments. The Chi-Ri was in fact a lengthened version of Chi-To with tilted shielding assembled by weldings and included an eighth road-wheel. It was to be at the origin propelled by a diesel engine. But like any rather powerful diesel engine was still available, it was replaced by a gasoline aircraft engine, BMW of 550 hp. The Chi-Ri was equipped with the same gun of 75 mm Type 4 as Chi-To for the prototype.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 39
RE: Pacific, Heroes and Leaders mod Expansion - 8/4/2020 8:01:08 PM   
asl3d

Type 5 Chi-Ri

Part II

The models of production were to receive the 88 mm Type 99 anti-aircraft. A gun of 37 mm Type 1 was installed with a coaxial machine-gun of 7.7 mm on the hull. Another machine-gun of 7.7 mm was installed on the left side of the turret. Possibility also to mount an anti-aircraft machine-gun on the roof of the turret. This tank was designed to counter the invasion of Japanese archipelago by the Americans, within great armored divisions. The end of the war will put a term at the project without the Chi-Ri not being able to fire only one shell. With the Type 4 Chi-To, the type 5 Chi-Ri could have constituted a much better adversary for M4 Sherman. An anti-tank version, the Type 97 Ho-Ri, was also considered, equipped with a gun of 105 mm in a broad frontal or rear superstructure according to the model. The auxiliary gun of 37 mm was preserved.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 40
RE: Pacific, Heroes and Leaders mod Expansion - 8/5/2020 7:21:09 PM   
asl3d

Type 91 Heavy Tank

Part I

The heavy tank Type 91 is a part of a program of multi-turreted heavy tanks developed in Japan in inter-war period. Type 91 was developed starting from the Tank N°1 (Dai-chi Osaka Sensha) of 1927. The principal turret accomodated a gun of 70 mm L/18.2 and a machine-gun of 6.5 mm whereas the two secondary turrets (front and back) accomodated each one a machine-gun of 6.5 mm. The suspension of Type 91 included 17 to 18 road-wheels on each side assembled by pars and supported by a system of suspension on two-stage of leaf spring. Type 91 was finalized in 1932 although work continued until 1933.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 41
RE: Pacific, Heroes and Leaders mod Expansion - 8/6/2020 7:54:20 PM   
asl3d

Type 95 Heavy Tank

Part I

The heavy tank Type 95 is the final result of the program of multi-turreted heavy tanks developed in Japan in inter-war period. None of these monsters however never started production. Type 95 was developed starting from Type 91 but was equipped with a more important shielding and another armament. Indeed if Type 91 were equipped with a gun of 70 mm and 3 machine-guns, Type 95 was equipped in main turret with a gun of 70 mm and a machine-gun of 6.5 mm, in front turret with a gun of 37 mm and in rear turret with a machine-gun of 7.65 mm.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 42
RE: Pacific, Heroes and Leaders mod Expansion - 8/8/2020 8:27:59 PM   
asl3d

Type 95 Heavy Tank

Part II

Type 95 had a suspension equipped with 9 road-wheels (mounted on a system of suspension with leaf springs) on each side whereas Type 91 had some 17-18. The tank was propelled by an engine of 290 hp that allowed only one speed of 23 km/h on road. Only 4 Type 95s maximum were completed in 1934.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by asl3d -- 8/8/2020 8:28:33 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 43
RE: Pacific, Heroes and Leaders mod Expansion - 8/9/2020 6:43:32 PM   
asl3d

O-I Super Heavy Tank (Type 100)

In 1939, the Japanese army began the study of a program of experimental super-heavy tanks, named O-I. This program takes the concept of multi-turreted tanks very popular in the thirties. Type 100 OI, weighing about 100 tonnes, was equipped with a main turret armed with a 105 mm (104.9 mm real caliber) gun, derived from the Type 92 model, having an initial velocity of 900 m/s. This gun fired projectiles with separate loads (16 kg shell and 30 kg cartridge), capable to pierce 150 mm of armor at 1000 m. Two secondary turrets, in charge of the close defense, were placed in front of the main turret, both armed with a 37 mm Type 1 gun. The armament was completed by three 7.7 mm Type 97 machine guns (two at the front and one at the back of the turret). The ammo carry includes 60 rounds for the 105 mm gun, 100 rounds for the two 37 mm rounds and 7470 rounds for the machine guns. With a 200mm frontal armor, the Type 100 shielding would have brought about defeating the vast majority of enemy anti-tank guns. To move the 100 tons of the monster, the assembly of two gasoline engines of 12 cylinders each, developing both 550 hp at 1500 rpm, was chosen. However, they would have a hard time to provide to the tank notable performances and it could hope to reach only 25 km/h on the road or flat ground. According to one of the engineers of the program, two prototypes (including a Type 120) could be assembled before the end of the war, but these words remain to be taken in the conditional.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 44
RE: Pacific, Heroes and Leaders mod Expansion - 8/10/2020 6:42:47 PM   
asl3d

O-I Super Heavy Tank (Type 120)

Type 120 O-I is derived from Type 100 O-I. The weight was now around 120 tons. On the Type 120, the layout of the secondary turrets is changed. Indeed, one of them is placed in the back of the tank just behind the main turret. The two secondary turrets (intended for an anti-tank role) armed with a 37 mm gun are placed in the same axis as the main turret. The latter is still armed with a 105 mm (Type 5) gun, multi-role (anti-tank, fire support, anti fortifications ...), ... but the machine gun is now placed on the left flank of the turret. Two 7.7 mm Type 97 coaxial machine guns complete the armament of the secondary turrets and a last machine gun is mounted at the front of the hull. The Type 120 had the same engines as the Type 100 and the two 12 cylinders engines, developing each 550 hp to 1500 rpm would have logically known even more difficult to move such a monster because of the overweight of about 20 tons. The consumption was never really estimated but the weight of the monster would have greatly influenced. The placement of two auxiliary tanks at the back would not have been luxury. As with the Type 100, the Type 120 armor (maximum 200 mm) would have given it a good chance of survival on the battlefield. The use of a large number of weapons, logically required a large crew. The one of the two models was 11 men! The effective coordination of such a crew was a pious wish, a specific evil of all multi-turreted tanks, which will lead to their abandonment by the different armies. It is true that few projects were really completed and used in combat (the most famous was the Soviet T-35, which had a rather short career on the Russian front!). It is highly unlikely that Type 120 would ever go beyond drawing boards ... even though an engineer from the O-I program claimed that a prototype could be assembled and sent in Manchuria in 1944 in anticipation of a Russian invasion!?!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by asl3d -- 8/10/2020 6:43:11 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 45
RE: Pacific, Heroes and Leaders mod Expansion - 8/11/2020 5:49:50 PM   
asl3d

Type 1 Ho-Ni I

When the Japanese at the beginning of the second world war met the American medium tanks M4 Sherman, they had not in their rows no equivalent tank to oppose to them. The standard medium tank Type 97 Chi-Ha was completely obsolete compared to the American design and its powerful gun of 75 mm. The need of a tank destroyer, strongly armed able to pierce the shielding of the American tanks. The Japanese quite naturally used, in 1942, the chassis of the medium tank Type 97 to save time. The turret was quite simply replaced by an open casemate (frontal and side shielding only, thick of 50 mm) accomodating a field gun Type 90 of 75 mm. The gun had a horizontal field of fire limited to 10° on each side and a vertical field of fire limited to -5° in depression and +25° in elevation. Carrying in ammunition was of 54 projectiles. This provision did not predispose the vehicle to the close combat because of the vulnerability of the gun crew. New tank destroyer was of this fact conceived for the combat at long distance (until to 12000 m). Type 1 Ho-No I intended for armored divisions, did not have secondary armament and was extremely similar to the German first panzerägers. Let us note that Ho-Ni I could be used at the same time as and mobile armored artillery for the indirect fire. The shielding of the hull was improved by additional plates of 16 mm. The production began in 1942 and finished in November 1943 on a total of only 124 specimens. Type 1 Ho-No I was used for the first time at the combat during the battle of Luzon in Philippines in 1944 with an impact limited because available in small quantity. Indeed the majority of the specimens had remained in Japan to belong to the defense system against American invasion. The latter will never be used in combat.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by asl3d -- 8/11/2020 5:50:12 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> RE: Pacific, Heroes and Leaders mod Expansion Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI