Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Special abilities ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Room >> Special abilities ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Special abilities ? - 11/22/2019 1:28:51 AM   
scout1

I've seen past posts about providing select units special abilities … Just what is this and how are they assigned ?
Post #: 1
RE: Special abilities ? - 11/22/2019 3:15:34 AM   
Twotribes

You earn points each turn when you have at least 100 when you click on a ground unit there is a line in the window that allows you to make it specialized you click on that and it lists the options with a tool tip if you hover over each choice.

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 2
RE: Special abilities ? - 11/22/2019 9:35:57 PM   
scout1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

You earn points each turn when you have at least 100 when you click on a ground unit there is a line in the window that allows you to make it specialized you click on that and it lists the options with a tool tip if you hover over each choice.

Where or how do I know if I have 100 or more … or specifically how many I do have ?

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 3
RE: Special abilities ? - 11/22/2019 10:26:47 PM   
tyronec

It shows up when you select a ground unit.

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 4
RE: Special abilities ? - 11/22/2019 11:28:33 PM   
Twotribes

It shows in production screen as I recall and it will give you the clicky on a ground unit if you have 100 or more.

(in reply to tyronec)
Post #: 5
RE: Special abilities ? - 12/23/2019 3:04:12 AM   
jjdenver

How would you rank special abilities for overall advantage for tank and mech units?
Like this? Or differently?
1) Elite
2) Engineer
3) Heavy Artillery
4) Tank Destroyer
5) Infiltrator
6) Winter Combat

Would the ranking change for infantry unit types?

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 6
RE: Special abilities ? - 12/23/2019 3:47:40 AM   
Journier

quote:

ORIGINAL: jjdenver

How would you rank special abilities for overall advantage for tank and mech units?
Like this? Or differently?
1) Elite
2) Engineer
3) Heavy Artillery
4) Tank Destroyer
5) Infiltrator
6) Winter Combat

Would the ranking change for infantry unit types?

i personally almost never use winter combat, small bonus for less than 5 months of game time.

Elite gives you that 10% bonus all game, its my goto, or heavy artillery and engineer if I gotta start crossing heavily entrenched rivers soon.

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 7
RE: Special abilities ? - 12/24/2019 11:14:24 AM   
jjdenver

Does the 10% exp cap out and become useless? What I mean is let's say I have an armor corp that gets to 93% exp on its' own then I apply elite - will exp go to 103% or cap out at 100%? I would guess that in Russia the German armor corps can get to 100% without elite?

(in reply to Journier)
Post #: 8
RE: Special abilities ? - 12/24/2019 12:04:40 PM   
Cohen_slith

You're very wrong if you expect troops to get experienced above 80 maybe 85 without Elite; and that is most rare - for Germany.
Each hit you take will bring in replacements at best at 70 experience so the more troops fight, the more they wear down too. While it is normal to get to 71-75 range, above begins to get a struggle. Especially as you can also get hits when you attack at 10:1.

I find the Elite business very precious but I do not disdain the Anti-Tank one either.

The others are just situational. Sure, an Engineer or a Heavy Artillery are nice to have around, but they're pratically 'attack only' specs. The Winter one is pratically garbage.
The Infiltrator is so subtle that I cannot really feel it - and without awareness of the combat table and its potential results it's just 'uh what? 5% more retreat? But what's my base % of retreat? It can be 2%, it can be 50% ..."

So the way of thinking is to simply pump what you can humanely see - combat factors. That is why Elite is so appreciated around.

Also Elite ramps up with your tech (that 10% Experience will be felt more on a '45 unit than a '39 one in proportion), whereas your 2 Anti-Tank factors are flat bonus through time (And usually I'd say, they may do well enough for Italians, French, and the like).

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 9
RE: Special abilities ? - 12/24/2019 12:21:17 PM   
Journier

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cohen_slith
The Infiltrator is so subtle that I cannot really feel it - and without awareness of the combat table and its potential results it's just 'uh what? 5% more retreat? But what's my base % of retreat? It can be 2%, it can be 50% ..."

So the way of thinking is to simply pump what you can humanely see - combat factors. That is why Elite is so appreciated around.

Also Elite ramps up with your tech (that 10% Experience will be felt more on a '45 unit than a '39 one in proportion), whereas your 2 Anti-Tank factors are flat bonus through time (And usually I'd say, they may do well enough for Italians, French, and the like).

Elite is the go to. 1945 tech + elite, is a pretty good attack and defense modifier. IIRC we should see if alvaro has any interest in adjusting the winter one, to maybe make the unit lose less winter combat efficiency as well. then id keep it for sure.

(in reply to Cohen_slith)
Post #: 10
RE: Special abilities ? - 3/12/2020 7:22:25 AM   
RPKUPK

I'd like to see MULTIPLE bestowings on individual units, not capped out by one per unit per game.
I'd like to see air units subject to receiving special abilities.

(in reply to Journier)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Room >> Special abilities ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI