Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Breaking Belbek, 1997

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> After Action Report >> Breaking Belbek, 1997 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Breaking Belbek, 1997 - 11/18/2019 8:24:21 PM   
Eboreg

I'll say it up front, I'm not happy with this scenario.

Okay, now that that's out of the way, the basis is the Russia and Ukraine are at each other's throats in the wake of the Cold War and it's up to the player to command the Russians to clear out all air defenses on the peninsula of Belbek. Well... I say "all"... the Ukrainians are too chickens*** to turn on any of their radars, even some of their ground-based search radars so you're really not going to get all of them. There's also the lack of clear victory conditions which is a major turn-off for me and while there is some difficulty, the difficult parts are more frustrating than challenging especially with the Ukrainians effectively blinding themselves to not be seen. And, oh yeah, the Ukrainians really need to be a bit more trigger-happy what with having absolutely no IFF capabilities and the complete lack of neutral anything in the scenario.

All in all, this scenario seems way too simplistic and rough around the edges for an officially backed one.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> After Action Report >> Breaking Belbek, 1997 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI