Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED B1115.8] Strange altitude behavior with aircraft attached to AAW patrols

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED B1115.8] Strange altitude behavior with aircraft attached to AAW patrols Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED B1115.8] Strange altitude behavior with aircraft... - 11/18/2019 6:39:01 PM   
LargeDiameterBomb

I apologize if there already is a thread for this but I could not find one, only one for strange altitude behavior in strike missions, so please excuse me if it has already been reported.

I have noticed that planes that are attached to an AAW patrol both disregards any manual altitude setting and often starts to dive without apparent reason and also stay at minimum altitude after an VWR engagement with the enemy that has gone low near sea level.

In this scenario I have set up an AAW patrol where the assigned aircraft, F/A-18As, cannot use their BVR weapons. The patrol in question is named Ad Hoc CAP 01.

Notice that some of the aircraft are diving as the save starts even if you give them manual orders to stay at 36 k ft. Let it run for a while and I bet you will see some aircraft also staying at 200 feet after an engagement also.

CMO is of the build number, 1115.6.

I know you are busy but please check this out. Thanks in advance!

See attached save below:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 11/22/2019 9:15:25 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Strange altitude behavior with aircraft attached to... - 11/18/2019 8:02:55 PM   
DWReese

I'm just a game player like you, so I don't speak for the devs.

That being said, the changes from the devs are coming fast and furious. The current build that they have out is 1115.7. Personally, I don't believe that it would be in their best interest to start investigating something from a previous build, when they are spending some many hours working on creating even newer builds.

I would highly recommend that you upgrade your game to the most current build (1115.7) and then try your scenario using that. If the problem still persists, then you know that the problem hasn't already been addressed, and it needs to be fixed. Surely you can understand the logic in testing with the most current build, right?

I'll be glad to help you with FURTHER testing, but please do your initial testing with the newest build first, okay?

(in reply to LargeDiameterBomb)
Post #: 2
RE: Strange altitude behavior with aircraft attached to... - 11/19/2019 1:47:29 AM   
LargeDiameterBomb

DWReese,
thanks for your feedback!

I would love to install the latest build but since a Windows update about a week ago my Windows explorer stared behaving very strange, often taking minutes to open, spontaneously crashing and always freezing whenever I right click on a file, so I cannot install the build manually right now and have to wait for the steam update.

I will wait until the latest build is out on Steam or until I can do a deep dive on google and try to fix the problem with Explorer and manually install the build. Even though I am reasonably computer savvy I haven't had the time to find an answer to what the problem is.

Will update the thread whenever I get my hands on the latest build.

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 3
RE: Strange altitude behavior with aircraft attached to... - 11/19/2019 1:53:40 AM   
DWReese

If you don't get things going soon, then I'll likely have a look at it tomorrow. I'm pretty spent. I've been messing around with this for 17 straight hours as of right now.

Post #: 4
RE: Strange altitude behavior with aircraft attached to... - 11/19/2019 3:06:18 AM   
LargeDiameterBomb

I managed to extract the build by installing Winrar instead of dealing with Windows Explorer and I can confirm the issue persists in Build 1115.7.

As the save loads the aircraft section named F/A-18A Warlords 07/08 - Light CAP Section - 4x AIM-7M + 12x AIM-9M (1/2 Sorties,) that is the leftmost a/c section inside the Ad Hoc CAP 01 mission area, is at approx 10600 m and diving and it won't respond to setting the altitude manually. The same goes for the right most section in the patrol area named F/A-18A Warlords 11/12 - Standard CAP Section - 4x AIM-7M + 4x AIM-9M.

Meanwhile the uppermost aircaft section in the patrol area named F/A-18A Warlords 05/06 - Light CAP Section - 4x AIM-7M + 12x AIM-9M (1/2 Sorties) is staying at altitude but has decided to spontaneuosly RTB even though it is assigned to the Ad Hoc CAP 01 patrol and has lots of weapons and fuel. Note that that aircraft section will stay at altitude even if you remove the manual 36 k ft manual altitude selection that is there when the save starts.

To easier understand the problem press F11 and choose the mission AD Hoc CAP 01 and you will see the area it covers.

I hope that this fairly detailed description makes it easier to confirm the problem.

BTW, thanks for your kind attitude even though I am not that used to posting in the forum and made a mistake in my first post.

< Message edited by LargeDiameterBomb -- 11/19/2019 3:13:19 AM >

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 5
RE: Strange altitude behavior with aircraft attached to... - 11/19/2019 3:40:05 AM   
kylania

This might be related to this issue:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4719582&mpage=1&key=�

< Message edited by kylania -- 11/19/2019 3:45:04 AM >

Post #: 6
RE: Strange altitude behavior with aircraft attached to... - 11/19/2019 7:08:33 AM   
magi

quote:

ORIGINAL: DWReese

I'm just a game player like you, so I don't speak for the devs.

That being said, the changes from the devs are coming fast and furious. The current build that they have out is 1115.7. Personally, I don't believe that it would be in their best interest to start investigating something from a previous build, when they are spending some many hours working on creating even newer builds.

I would highly recommend that you upgrade your game to the most current build (1115.7) and then try your scenario using that. If the problem still persists, then you know that the problem hasn't already been addressed, and it needs to be fixed. Surely you can understand the logic in testing with the most current build, right?

I'll be glad to help you with FURTHER testing, but please do your initial testing with the newest build first, okay?

It is a problem playing in the ....5.7 update for sure....

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 7
RE: Strange altitude behavior with aircraft attached to... - 11/19/2019 11:19:16 PM   
LargeDiameterBomb

Kylania, you are absolutely brilliant!

I tried toggling the AGL checkbox and then manually setting altitude to 10973 m (It was set at 61 meters when the save opens) for the affected AAW patrol sections and as if by magic the aircraft started climbing and they even continued climbing after i unchecked manual altitude control.

I hope this is a clue for the devs when eventually trying to solve the problem.

And now I can play the game without suddenly noticing an AAW patrol section has spent 20 % of it's mission fuel by unnecessarily staying at 61 m ASL for a while.

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 8
RE: Strange altitude behavior with aircraft attached to... - 11/21/2019 5:36:17 AM   
Dimitris

Hi, please have a look here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4720590

Post #: 9
RE: Strange altitude behavior with aircraft attached to... - 11/22/2019 8:12:06 AM   
LargeDiameterBomb

Replacing the former command.exe with the ...5.7.1 build .exe has solved the problem.

Good work, developers!

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED B1115.8] Strange altitude behavior with aircraft attached to AAW patrols Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI