Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Southern Fury, 2010

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> After Action Report >> Southern Fury, 2010 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Southern Fury, 2010 - 11/17/2019 9:19:19 PM   
HalfLifeExpert

Well, here it is: My first AAR from C:MO!!

I just completed this new official scenario after a few play sessions over about 3 days.

The scenario features a modern South Atlantic clash between the UK and Argentina. This time, a Military Junta has returned to the South American country and has invaded Chilean territory in Tierra Del Fuego in search of resources. The UK has dispatched reinforcements to the Falklands to protect both the islands and a number of oil rigs to the immediate west from threatening Argentinian forces.

I start things off basically by allowing my in-place forces to proceed with their already assigned missions. In addition to this, I send two Tornadoes to investigate some unidentified surface units north of West Falkland, and identify them as Argentinian warships.

As I have the Tornadoes keep an eye on them from a distance, all three of the Radar sites on the Falklands suddenly are destroyed with explosives. This can only mean one thing, especially since my briefing advised of the threat from Argentinian special forces.

Without any clear rules of engagement, I make the judgement call to declare Argentinian military forces hostile. My first combat orders are for the loitering Tornadoes to sink the two Argentinian surface ships with Paveways, which they do in short order.

Next, I have my two SSNs, HMS Talent and HMS Astute, fire their entire inventory of Tomahawk missiles at the three Argentinian airbases that the SAS has identified aircraft locations. The resulting attacks destroy almost two dozen Skyhawks and over a dozen Neshers on the ground.

Over the next few hours, my Tornadoes sink another pair of Argentinian warships, and my Eurofighters blast a number of Mirage IIIs, though one of the latter damages an Oil Rig with Iron bombs.

The strangest and costliest thing that happened was that suddenly I came under attack from a Uruguayan frigate in the vicinity of the Oil Rigs. I had no idea Uruguay was even involved in this scenario, let alone allied with Argentina. Could someone explain this in case I missed something?

Anyway, the Uruguayan frigate inflicted the only casualties I suffered other than the 3 radar sites. I lost both the Frigate HMS Cumberland and the patrol boat HMS Clyde to the Frigate's gunfire. However, before this, the Cumberland was able to sink two Argentinian corvettes with Harpoons.

As I try to get forces together to sink this Uruguayan frigate, I detect an Argentinian amphibious force north of the Falklands. As the Ark Royal carrier group is within striking range, I launch a preliminary strike of four Harriers armed with Brimstone missiles against the task force. All missiles seem to hit targets, and while none of the ships are sunk, the speed of the amphibious force is cut in half. Subsequent follow up strikes by Harriers and Tornadoes are able to sink the entire amphibious force.

Oddly enough, my most effective anti-submarine asset ended up being the Harriers on-board Ark Royal. Their radar warning receivers detected two different submarines's radars while en-route to attack the amphibious force. I was able to use these detections both times to launch ASW helos from Ark Royal to sink both submarines.

I ended up playing past two different scenario conclusion messages to finish off the Argentinian ships and subs I found, and ultimately got a score of 595, though I don't know how good this is as the new score meter didn't load correctly.

Losses and expenditures are below:

SIDE: Argentina
===========================================================

LOSSES:
-------------------------------
3x D 10 Almirante Brown [Meko 360H2]
22x A-4AR Fightinghawk
4x AS.555SN Fennec
15x Dagger A [Nesher S, Mod Mirage 5]
2x Dagger B [Nesher T, Mod Mirage 5]
4x P 41 Espora [Meko 140/A16]
4x P-3B Orion
1x C-130H Hercules
1x Boeing 707-387C [ELINT Mod]
4x SA.319B Alouette III
2x P 31 Drummond [A 69]
13x Mirage IIIEA
1x S 41 Santa Cruz [TR 1700]
3x B 04 Bahia San Blas
2x SH-3D Sea King [ASH-3D]
1x B 52 Hercules [Type 42]
1x S 31 Salta [Type 209-1100]

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
32x AN/SSQ-47 Julie Active Range-Only
96x AN/SSQ-41A Jezebel LOFAR
69x 120mm Mortar HE
5x 40mm/70 Twin Breda Compact Burst [32 rnds]
35x DAGAIE Mk2 LEM Chaff
1x Aspide
22x SCLAR Chaff
12x Mk82 500lb LDGP
3x Corvus Chaff [Distraction]
5x Corvus Chaff [Seduction]
2x Generic Acoustic Decoy

SIDE: United Kingdom

LOSSES:
3x Radar (Type 101 [AR-327])
3x Lynx HMA.8
1x F 85 Cornwall [Type 22 Batch 3]
1x P 257 Clyde [Modified River Class]
1x Sea King HAR.3

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
20x CPU-123 Paveway II GPS/LGB
35x UGM-109C Tomahawk Blk III TLAM
18x Brimstone Dual-Mode
12x Paveway IV [Mk82]
7x Sea Dart Mod 3
4x RGM-84D Harpoon IC
1x Sea Wolf Blk 2
30x AIM-120C-5 AMRAAM P3I.2
2x 114mm/55 Mk8 HE(MP) HE
24x Brimstone
2x SSQ-926 ALFEA
3x Stingray Mod 1
2x Sea Wolf VLS Blk 2
1x 114mm/55 Mk8 HE(MP)ER HE

SIDE: JOF Oilfield

LOSSES:

EXPENDITURES:
------------------

SIDE: Neutral Shipping

LOSSES:

EXPENDITURES:
------------------

SIDE: Biological

LOSSES:

EXPENDITURES:
------------------

SIDE: Uruguay

LOSSES:
1x 1 Uruguay [Mod Commandant Riviere]

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
600x 100mm/55 Model 1953 HE
156x 40mm/70 Single Breda Burst [4 rnds]
229x 100mm/55 Model 1953 PFHE
4x Mk214 Sea Gnat Chaff [Seduction]

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> After Action Report >> Southern Fury, 2010 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI