Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED] North Pacific Shootout--oddities

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] North Pacific Shootout--oddities Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED] North Pacific Shootout--oddities - 11/17/2019 4:49:46 PM   
DWReese

Kushan previewed the North Pacific Shootout scenario last week, prior to the release of CMO. It was one of the scenarios which had been updated specifically for the new game. So, I decided to fire it up with my new CMO game.

When I did, and before the game actually began, the game player is presented with several pop-up boxes where he can select either Okay or Cancel as the only choices. The first question pertained to removing RPs. The second, questions whether the gamer desires to have the Soviet Union side be set as an AI opponent. (Note: If you had selected to play the Soviet Union side, then the question was reversed.) I have never seen anything like this before. Side selections at this point had already been made, so why is this box there? If you select OKAY, the I guess that that means that the Soviet Union is the opposition. But, what if you select Cancel? Does that mean that there is no opponent? Obviously, you have to have an opponent, so the question sort of seems a little silly......unless, of course, there is something else to it.

Has anyone seen this? Has anyone else ever seen this type of thing before? The original version of this scenario does NOT have this, so maybe it is something new, just for CMO.

Thoughts?

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 12/17/2019 8:45:17 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: North Pacific Shootout--oddities - 11/17/2019 5:50:45 PM   
Rob322

quote:

ORIGINAL: DWReese

Kushan previewed the North Pacific Shootout scenario last week, prior to the release of CMO. It was one of the scenarios which had been updated specifically for the new game. So, I decided to fire it up with my new CMO game.

When I did, and before the game actually began, the game player is presented with several pop-up boxes where he can select either Okay or Cancel as the only choices. The first question pertained to removing RPs. The second, questions whether the gamer desires to have the Soviet Union side be set as an AI opponent. (Note: If you had selected to play the Soviet Union side, then the question was reversed.) I have never seen anything like this before. Side selections at this point had already been made, so why is this box there? If you select OKAY, the I guess that that means that the Soviet Union is the opposition. But, what if you select Cancel? Does that mean that there is no opponent? Obviously, you have to have an opponent, so the question sort of seems a little silly......unless, of course, there is something else to it.

Has anyone seen this? Has anyone else ever seen this type of thing before? The original version of this scenario does NOT have this, so maybe it is something new, just for CMO.

Thoughts?

I haven't noticed this with any of the other original standalone scenarios that look to be updated. Not quite sure why this is. I also noticed that the setup is different. When the original version started the US had a number of planes in the air from the Ranger, now they're all on deck. Maybe it was the way I chose my options but I'm assuming they wanted to give you more to do at the beginning.

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 2
RE: North Pacific Shootout--oddities - 11/17/2019 6:02:22 PM   
ultradave

I did get this, and I haven't noticed it with any other stand alone scenario

----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

(in reply to Rob322)
Post #: 3
RE: North Pacific Shootout--oddities - 11/17/2019 6:50:20 PM   
ColMendoza

Not trying to divert the thread but I thought this was relevant and had a question.

I also saw Kushan playing North Pacific Shootout and wanted to give it a spin in CMANO. I have yet to purchase CMO.

In my play, once USSR assets are detected they immediately are marked hostile and their MIG-31s begin intercepting and firing on my Tomcats.
There is no questions about hostilities, the P3 cannot even take off before missiles start flying. I have the game on steam and its up to date.

Has anyone else had this issue or have a solution? Thanks for any input!

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 4
RE: North Pacific Shootout--oddities - 11/17/2019 6:51:28 PM   
DWReese

The original scenario, written for CMANO, does start with planes in the air. So, perhaps the wording in the briefing was never changed.

But, that still doesn't explain those new pop-up boxes. I've never seen those before, so I wonder if the reference to "setting a side for AI opposition" has any particular significance at all. Clearly, they mean something but, like I said, if you hit the Cancel button does that mean that the Soviet Union USN'T your opposition? I doubt that. <lol>

< Message edited by DWReese -- 11/17/2019 6:54:44 PM >

(in reply to Rob322)
Post #: 5
RE: North Pacific Shootout--oddities - 11/17/2019 7:28:54 PM   
Rob322

The one about randomizing unit proficiency was interesting too. Perhaps it’s a feature they’re testing out? I could see randomized proficiency might increase replay value.

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 6
RE: North Pacific Shootout--oddities - 11/17/2019 8:51:00 PM   
DWReese

I like the randomization thing, and all of the rest of the innovations. I only mentioned this observation because I have never seen these things presented like this before.

It is also kind of curious that Kushan selected this particular scenario to demonstrate. "Very interesting".....as Arte Johnson used to say.

(in reply to Rob322)
Post #: 7
RE: North Pacific Shootout--oddities - 11/17/2019 10:32:03 PM   
ultradave

I'm wondering if those dialogs were left in so that he could run the scenario several ways to demonstrate features without going into the scenario editor (just a wild guess).

----------------
Dave A.

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 8
RE: North Pacific Shootout--oddities - 11/18/2019 12:58:46 AM   
Rob322

quote:

ORIGINAL: ultradave

I'm wondering if those dialogs were left in so that he could run the scenario several ways to demonstrate features without going into the scenario editor (just a wild guess).

That's an interesting thought. They upgraded several of the original scenarios but only that one has these special filters at the beginning.

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 9
RE: North Pacific Shootout--oddities - 11/18/2019 5:29:49 AM   
Kushan04

quote:

ORIGINAL: DWReese

Thoughts?

I had the same pop ups. Apache can correct me if I'm wrong but after a quick check in the editor I think its a scenario initialization event firing. Your choosing your side like normal from the pull down. The pop up asking you if you want to set the other side as AI controlled is you telling a lua script that your playing the US/Soviets.

I checked the other day, and if you click no on the reference points a there are a number of RP's that are probably used for missions if the US side is AI controlled. Same applies for if your playing the Soviets, it'll ask you if you want to clear your RP's for the Soviets.

I would select ok to each pop up. Not doing so might cause some weird behavior.

Cheers

Kushan

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 10
RE: North Pacific Shootout--oddities - 11/18/2019 9:27:53 AM   
DWReese

Thanks for your response and explanation.

(in reply to Kushan04)
Post #: 11
RE: North Pacific Shootout--oddities - 11/18/2019 10:03:07 PM   
Rory Noonan

Hey guys, my bad, I left in the code that allowed me to work on the scenario without having the changes applied each time at load.

Just click okay on everything and the scenario will work as intended. If you're curious and want to tinker with the workings of the scenario you can do that too.

I'll have an updated version out soon

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 12
RE: North Pacific Shootout--oddities - 11/18/2019 10:13:55 PM   
ultradave

That's what I figured. :-)

----------------
Dave A.

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 13
RE: North Pacific Shootout--oddities - 12/15/2019 2:32:47 PM   
Dimitris

Is this still an issue in the current public version ?

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 14
RE: North Pacific Shootout--oddities - 12/16/2019 11:52:53 PM   
ultradave

No. It works correctly without asking a bunch of option questions. All set now.

----------------
Dave A.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] North Pacific Shootout--oddities Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI