Uniform / AFV test Mod
I have put together some Mods that work with the Generic Mod Enabler Tool that if you are interested, you can try while we await for some official game supported Mod tools. This Mod works with the basic game, not the steam game and is basically an eye candy Mod.
I play single player only so I have not tested this Mod in Multiplayer mode so if it gives any error's messages just deactivate mod.
The following Mods are included:
1. Mapview – just an adjusted Map Camera View.
2. Small Arms – Just the small weapons used by Infantry, doesn't really do much.
3. Reduced Defend-Ambush Arc – This Mod makes the arc's more transparent so they are not so much in your face, as it is now.
4. US AFV – This Mods most of your US vehicle and atg's to olive green and adds decals.
5. German AFV – This mod is a WIP and changes the color of the base yellow vehicles but did not touch the camo stuff yet. Also removes all gray stuff.....at-least it should do that.
6. Normandy Campaign Mod / Tunisia-Sicily Campaign Mod – These last two Mods will change the uniforms and also changes the lighting on the maps. The game only comes with one set of uniforms for both of the Major Theater's which I did not like, so these Mods add a different set for each but you can only have one of these Campaign Mods active at a time!!! Again these last two Mods, only 1 can be active.
To use this Mod unzip the downloaded file and place the MODS folder and the JSGME.exe program in your main game folder location.
default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Close Combat The Bloody First
then double click and run the JSGME program.
The first dialog box that shows up asks you for your MODS folder name just click OK.
Then the next dialog box is the Generic Mod Enabler which list all the Mods. Left side are Mods available to activate, right side are Mods you have Enabled. To activate a Mod select it, and then click the (>) symbol to Enable selected Mod. To deactivate a Mod just select it and click the (<) symbol.
I did not include a desk-top shortcut, but feel free to make one of those yourself to make it easier to run the program.
The Generic Mod Enabler is nothing more than a file swap program that makes it much easier to Mod your game if it does not come with a Mod system.
This file share site has limited downloads so if it stops let me know.
< Message edited by ezjax -- 1/11/2020 4:03:57 AM >