Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[WAD - USER ERROR] Sensors problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> [WAD - USER ERROR] Sensors problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[WAD - USER ERROR] Sensors problem - 11/16/2019 10:56:58 PM   
Chris21wen

Sub tutorial 1_2

Message log says this should have happened.

'Now we’re getting quite close to the Jianghu. We’re within weapons range, and coincidentally we’re also within visual range—which for a submarine at periscope depth is 8-10nm for most surface contacts. At this distance the Jianghu will not be able to detect us with its active sonar, but we will be able to hear it with our sonar, see it with the periscope, and detect any emissions from its sensors. Ensure you're at periscope depth and open up the ‘Contact Report’. Note that we can now detect not only the ‘Square Tie’ radar and HF sonar, but also an ‘Eye Shield’ air search radar, ‘Decca 707’ surface search radar, and ‘Sun Visor’ fire control radar (FCR). ‘

According to the contact report the only detected emmisions sre the HF sonar. I've detected nothing else all the way through. I am at periscopde depth and creep as instructed. I've run the game on for a further 10 min and still not detections.

So what am I doing wrong or is it the way the tutorial works with CMO?

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 11/17/2019 8:47:39 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Sensors problem - 11/16/2019 11:03:37 PM   
gsalvar

+1

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2
RE: Sensors problem - 11/16/2019 11:27:07 PM   
OldSarge

I'm not seeing that. I just loaded it up and have the AN/WLR-10 reporting the Square Tie FCR.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by OldSarge -- 11/16/2019 11:33:14 PM >

(in reply to gsalvar)
Post #: 3
RE: Sensors problem - 11/17/2019 12:11:48 AM   
guanotwozero

While still too deep for surface sensors I first detected it with Acoustic Intercept - A popup then appeared and told me "Now that we’ve reached periscope depth, we’ve detected a contact via ESM"

A little later when I actually reached PD, I was able to pick up the Square Tie with the both RWR and ELINT.

So there's definitely a mismatch between the popups and events.

I'm finding in general that quite a few tutorials don't quite work perfectly with the launch version of CMO.

< Message edited by guanotwozero -- 11/17/2019 12:12:10 AM >

(in reply to OldSarge)
Post #: 4
RE: Sensors problem - 11/17/2019 12:58:08 AM   
OldSarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: guanotwozero

While still too deep for surface sensors I first detected it with Acoustic Intercept - A popup then appeared and told me "Now that we’ve reached periscope depth, we’ve detected a contact via ESM"

A little later when I actually reached PD, I was able to pick up the Square Tie with the both RWR and ELINT.

So there's definitely a mismatch between the popups and events.

I'm finding in general that quite a few tutorials don't quite work perfectly with the launch version of CMO.

This tutorial is exactly the same as in CMANO, so it isn't a CMO issue -- Dimitris can get some sleep . The event fires, causing the popup to appear, when the surface vessel is detected, without checking either for the actual depth of the sub or the detecting sensor.

(in reply to guanotwozero)
Post #: 5
RE: Sensors problem - 11/17/2019 6:04:11 AM   
Chris21wen

This is all I'm getting throughout scenario.

Works out this is CMANO not CMO. See below.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Chris21wen -- 11/17/2019 7:07:01 AM >

(in reply to OldSarge)
Post #: 6
RE: Sensors problem - 11/17/2019 7:05:47 AM   
Chris21wen

OK, I've found the problem. I like to play game directly, not using the launcher but the command.exe itself. When I intially dragged a command.exe shortcut to the desktop the target and start in locations were not were CMO was installed but where CMANO was consequently I was using CMANO and not CMO. Why it did this I do not know but I manually altered them through the shortcut's properties and it now works.

Note that other exe and files when dragged did not do this, only the command.exe and since changing it manually I cannot reproduce it. As it has the same name as CMANO the problem must have something to do with the registry setting. If you don't have CMANO installed then i suspect you won't have a problem.

Why I didn't I realise when I first started the game well I had actually not paid much attension to that CMO looked like in the brief sales clicpsso nothing clicked until an hour ago.

< Message edited by Chris21wen -- 11/17/2019 7:06:09 AM >

(in reply to OldSarge)
Post #: 7
RE: Sensors problem - 11/17/2019 9:15:07 AM   
apache85

Just to confirm. Everything is working as expected?

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 8
RE: Sensors problem - 11/17/2019 10:27:22 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: apache85

Just to confirm. Everything is working as expected?

Yes, apart from why the shortcut did what it did.

(in reply to apache85)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> [WAD - USER ERROR] Sensors problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI